Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

I’ll always be grateful for Tottenham & Arsenal away last season, not a bad way to spend your two first away days in North London!

Wonderful couple of away days either side of Christmas last year, thought we might be onto something  but hey, this is Chelsea, never a dull moment 

7 minutes ago, Brutos said:

interesting from Pep

It’s not surprising. Pep has coached City, Bayern and Barca, all three teams that already had decent enough squads to challenge for titles before he arrived so the expectation has always been to win and challenge for the title for him. He’s never really been in a situation to “build a team”.

58 minutes ago, just said:

Spot on carlo. Your second paragraph is the key part and reading through all the comments this evening, something I don't think posters like Argo, slojo and a good few others will ever understand or truly relate to.

Yes of course we will move on. Life is like that, but they are entirely, completely, missing the point. Next season Roman's new faddy fashionable manager may have Mbappe, Neymar and Varane playing in Blue and we win the Champions League against Madrid 3-0. Yeah, great. We will all enjoy that.

But I can tell you now, hand on heart, 100%, that personally I would rather have a League Cup Final win over Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, insert rivals name here, with Frank in charge and a sprinkling of our own home grown players. Old fashioned, unrealistic? I don't care. That would mean more to me.  Because that to me would represent a club identity, a direction, an evolution. I could relate to that, savour that, identify with that far, far more.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Winning the league cup under Super Frank would mean more to me than say, winning the champions league under Pep Guardiola.

Great post.

1 hour ago, Deino said:

It still took Klopp 6 years and 4 of those years he was yoyo-ing 8th to 6th. Even if Klopp came here, the max he could've got was 24 months. 

(Edit because I thought Klopp's been in England for 8 years but he actually has been here for 6)

It took Klopp like 2 seasons. As soon as he sold off the shower of crap they had in that squad they turned it around. His new signings also hit the ground running in Mane and Salah and fitted his system perfectly. He made the attack lethal in one season.

Also for all the Chelsea fans angry at the club threatening some kind of boycott due to disconnect, im sure you will be back celebrating wildly the moment we start winning again and producing good results. Its a fickle world this football.

5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Winning the league cup under Super Frank would mean more to me than say, winning the champions league under Pep Guardiola.

Great post.

Absolute bs. The club matters most. Avram grant had no connection  with the club yet that champions league final loss felt 100 times worse than losing the fa cup final to Arsenal. Get yourself together lad.

41 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Players getting abused now on social media being called snake

Well, if what is being reported turns out to be true, then they deserve it. Matt Law can't just say that sh*t and not expect a negative reaction from the fans.

I remember him reporting something like this between Oscar and Costa a few years ago and Oscar shut him down by saying it was false. If he is lying, then Rudiger needs to say something. If he stays silent, then he is finished at the club, the fans won't forgive him.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Well, if what is being reported turns out to be true, then they deserve it. Matt Law can't just say that sh*t and not expect a negative reaction from the fans.

I remember him reporting something like this between Oscar and Costa a few years ago and Oscar shut him down by saying it was false. If he is lying, then Rudiger needs to say something. If he stays silent, then he is finished at the club, the fans won't forgive him.

He doesn’t need to come out and say anything especially now the club would be advising him on these claims. 

5 minutes ago, Brutos said:

He doesn’t need to come out and say anything especially now the club would be advising him on these claims. 

Yes he does and why wouldn't he?

If it's not true, then say something. If it was me and it was a lie, I would immediately set them straight. Silence just confirms that the story is true.

Edited by Scott Harris

Anyone else still not got over it yet? Heart still feels broken. I don’t understand why we didn’t try and get someone into help Lamps. Why not wait until end of season? The aim was to build a longer term goal to create a new Chelsea. The last 18 months have been amazing, I’ll never forget. The player power scenario is ridiculous, and I can’t wait until we can go back to the bridge and show the players/board how much Frank means.

3 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Absolute bs. The club matters most. Avram grant had no connection  with the club yet that champions league final loss felt 100 times worse than losing the fa cup final to Arsenal. Get yourself together lad.

KonaKai I don't get the analogy. Obviously losing any big game hurts if you care about your team. But again, you are completely missing the point myself and others are making here today. 

3 hours ago, coco said:

8 games is a short fuse.

Capture.PNG

To be honest even during our 16 game unbeaten run earlier in the season - 7 of them were draws. Some of our wins were also uninspiring. People keep referring to this recent dip in form as the reason for the sacking but we haven't been playing well in the majority of the games this season. Some results were shocking like the loss vs Arsenal in 15th place. 

2 hours ago, Deino said:

It still took Klopp 6 years and 4 of those years he was yoyo-ing 8th to 6th. Even if Klopp came here, the max he could've got was 24 months. 

(Edit because I thought Klopp's been in England for 8 years but he actually has been here for 6)

This isnt accurate. 

Klopp finished 8th i  his 1st season, having taken over midway through that season. He hasnt come lower than 4th since, and was in a champions league final in his 3rd season, (2nd full season). 

Really dont get the klopp comparisons. What works for 1 club, may not work for every club. If Lampard was looking like finishing top 4 again, he wouldnt have been sacked. If lampard had built a successful squad that had reached a cl final with his previous club, he wouldnt have been sacked at this point either.

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

To be honest even during our 16 game unbeaten run earlier in the season - 7 of them were draws. Some of our wins were also uninspiring. People keep referring to this recent dip in form as the reason for the sacking but we haven't been playing well in the majority of the games this season. Some results were shocking like the loss vs Arsenal in 15th place. 

If we beat Everton we would have been top of the league.

4 hours ago, Nibs said:

Great sentiments but I'm afraid that happened years ago.

Said earlier, have never felt as detached as a fan as I do now. Will always be a Chelsea supporter but that love I had is slowly being ebbed away and the supporters mean f**k all to the hierarchy who for some time have clearly focused on the global brand and are more than happy to fill The Bridge with corporate and tourists.

Agree, Nibs.

Still love the club dearly, but I'm under no illusion that football has changed significantly since we were younger, and we have an owner who won't change his methods on how he operates.

I've had enough of seeing club legends leave in bad circumstances. Mourinho (twice), Di Matteo and now Lampard. All of them achieved a lot for the club, and all of them were thrown out to the scrap heap as if it was nothing.

Getting someone like Tuchel might be a blessing in disguise. It means I'm not overly attached or invested in the coach, and I can just watch the team win some games without feeling too worried about the status of the coach.

Sacking Frank bears some similarities to the circumstances of Di Matteo's sacking.

Just reeks of the club looking for any excuse to jump ship at the first sign of trouble and move on to someone more experienced in the job. They may well be vindicated in their decision in the long-term.

It does make me wonder whether Frank was always a stop-gap measure in the eyes of the owner/board after losing Hazard and having a transfer embargo over our heads, and they knew that appointing a club legend would appease the supporters for a while.

One way or another, it's a sad set of circumstances.

3 hours ago, Brutos said:

Players getting abused now on social media being called snake

You Jurnos really are thick as pig sh*t and only smarter the West ham fans aren't you?

What did you think was going to happen when you know a lot of fans are upset and you point the finger at some players as betraying Frank to the board, then complain in surprise when they get abused on social media? 

If it is true then you did your job right? It it is not shame on you. Moron.

Rubbish call. But this is what we've come to expect. 

Frank has done an extraordinary job bringing in young players, sadly he has struggled to get Havertz and Werner at their best and he has paid the price for that. No surprises that the next coach is German.

As for snakes etc. Clearly we had issues moving on players over the summer. Players who don't play are always likely to creates issues. Poor management created by changing the style of play every 18 months. But what's new?

For weeks, perhaps months, this day has been coming.  Not the outcome I wanted at all.  Frank is a true legend and absolute gentleman (excluding touchline rants at Klopp!!).  Reality is, the pattern/trends of recent months, and to some extent a chunk of last season, were undoing.  Not to focus on the negative, but these broader issues had to be addressed:

• Not a single victory this season against top half team (West Ham barely counts).  You could argue we didn't even lay a glove on some teams that are deemed to be our caliber
  • Lack of team balance.  While injuries, signings etc contributed, we've used 27 players this season.  Quite a lot.  For example, why on earth did we drop Zouma next to Silva, for Rudiger of all people
  • Does not know best 11
  • No real system, and far too slow to move the ball
  • Failure to get best out of new signings.  Even the two bright ones, Mendy and Chilwell, are slipping to average right now
  • Worse away defense in the league bar Newcastle
  • No sense that we really understood the problem.  The feedback was always "working hard", "training well", "doing the right things". We need more identity than that

I could go on, but it doesn't matter at this point.  The rest belongs to Frank, who I really hope one day returns to the club at a better time for all.  So many great Frank memories

• Remember a boxing day against Saints where is was on the bench, and when he came on the respect and admiration from the home fans was unreal.  Said so much about his character
  • The Barcelona away and Bayern home CL goals
  • Away to Bolton!!
  • For some reason, the first goal that always comes to mind is the last minute winner against Stoke.  That was recently posted as a match video, but love this fans upload.  The sheer emotion

Thank you Frank.  Your commitment, passion and professionalism is something to be admired in all walks of life.

had his failings/mistakes, but ultimately let down by a lot of players who the club spent sh*tloads on over the years and don't give a toss about chelsea. but he takes the blame while the people running the club making mistake after mistake continue to be untouched. We all know who that is.

Edited by The Brit

12 minutes ago, The Brit said:

had his failings/mistakes, but ultimately let down by a lot of players who the club spent sh*tloads on over the years and don't give a toss about chelsea. but he takes the blame while the people running the club making mistake after mistake continue to be untouched. We all know who that is.

Spot on. Only thing I could say is that Frank seems to have had plenty of input into the signings.

But after another 18 months let's change the style again and bin another group of players that we spent money on to suit a style or bin the young players Frank has worked hard to bring through.

For all of our spending might we remain one of the worst run clubs in the elite group. We've had four managers now since we last won the league. Actually crazy.

9 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

Conte had just won the league and Kante, Matic partnership was touted as being the best Central midfield in the Premier League, breaking up the the heart of the team against the wishes of a title winning Manager tells you all you need to know how much input a Manager has in transfer dealings.

Not only did they sell Matic but they sold him to a direct rival, that's like Liverpool selling Fabinho to us for 40m.

It is more like pool selling wijnaldum for 40 m because matic was 29/30 not 27. No one will want to pay that much money for matic except for United

Conte wanted Bakayoko and matic, he wanted matic for another year so baka has time to learn the league but 40 m for matic was absolute steal. It was so obvious at that point matic had maybe at most has two years left in the tank. With matic two years mean 1/2 + 1/2 because he always struggle in the 2nd half of the season. 

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Such a shame he costed us two trophies last season (putting Tammy to shot fifth penalty in Super Cup and horrible game management in FA cup final) and good chance to win trophy this season in League Cup when again Mourinho outsmarted him.