Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Mon 15th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

Nice to see a smiling Kepa!

Credit to Tuchel for giving him the chance and he did what was required of him today. Seems like he's trying to give everyone a chance and I like that.

Hudson-Odoi looks like he's completely in love with him already.

Tidy win. Credit where it's due, Tuchel has certainly helped tidy up our leaky defence. Not that Newcastle offered anything much or at all. 

Credit to Timo for getting his goal. That slap in the face did him well. Might have to get Big Kurt to give him a slap around the chops before every match!

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

First half excellent ; second half efficient.

MOTM I'd have to give to Kovacic, although in terms of who has exceeded expectations the most, well, you'd have to give that one to Kepa LOL. Whole team deserve credit. Up the Blues !

I'd agree about Kovacic our passing can be a bit slow and ponderous but he adds impetus with his dribbling.

Job done 3points

the good thing is we are looking very solid at the back which is a good sign. We have only conceded one goal which was a silly own goal.

glad Werner scored today he definitely seems to have improved since Thomas. 

A good win in the end, although we should of been out of sight really.

Thought we started the 2nd half sloppily, luckily we was playing the barcodes.

I know Newcastle have injury problems but how are this team 7 points clear of relegation?

7 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Good result. Efficient rather than fluent performance I thought. We will need to be a lot better than this in the tougher games ahead.

Have to agree forbzy. Tuchel has been fortunate with the run of games he's faced since he arrived. The only tough game on paper was Tottenham and that coincided with them hitting a steep drop in form and minus two of their best players on the day.

You can only beat what's in front you but we haven't been tested yet under Tuchel's charge. It's coming next week. We need to hold judgement till then.

Edited by just

8 minutes ago, just said:

Have to agree forbzy. Tuchel has been fortunate with the run of games he's faced since he arrived. The only tough game on paper was Tottenham and that coincided with them hitting a steep drop in form and minus two of their best players on the day.

You can only beat what's in front you but we haven't been tested yet under Tuchel's charge. It's coming next week. We need to hold judgement till then.

I was about to post the same 

we have played Wolves, Burnley, Spuds, Shef utd, Barnsley and Newcastle... I think Frank would have done okay against that lot. 

We got Southampton at the weekend, hopefully we will win that. Then Athletico and then Utd at home.  I think those could be the defining matches on how he is going to pan out.  

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

Very good performance today. Plus two goals difference and not suffering at the end for a change. Even Kepa performed well tonight, though he struggles in set pieces and I much rather have Mendy on goal.

Phew, TT just confirmed on sky that Mendy is the No. 1 keeper and will be starting from now on