Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

Great and important win. We should have smashed them but 2-1 still gives us the three points. It was an important match but the players still need to remember that it’s not yet done. Another fight awaiting at Villa.

2 minutes ago, BluesPower said:

MotM were the fans.  They seemed to make sure the right fans got the tickets - They were LOUD!

Yes. Thank goodness it was different fans to those at Wembley. No wonder the BBC never pointed the cameras at them. Probably didn’t realise they were there.

4 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Feel sad about celebrating a top 4 critical victory.. but after the season we have had .. don’t blame myself!! Ian wright f**k u .. can’t hardly praise us .. fck off to the hood you have emerged from.. 

we deserved both matches got one.. now we will win the UCL too!

I can not stand that prick - he is such a pompous twat. I usually end up flooring c**ts like that.

Just now, dkw said:

Jesus that was hard work, no game management at all. 

Weird. Thought TT's game management has been spot on in a lot of games - especially in CL. But tonight we were playing with 10 players with Pulicic hardly involved and looking more and more leggy and yet CHO and Tammy stay on the bench. We more than deserved the win but got that big slice of luck with that late Leicester miss that I was certain was going to nestle in the back of the net. 

Pulisic had a poor game today .. wouldn’t mind swing havertz mount and Werner start.. also I think this season is a write of for serene .. he will score 20 in the next for sure..

Just now, nonotnowjim said:

Top 4 isn't in their hands. If Liverpool win both their games and we beat Villa, Leicester are done and finish 5th

Not entirely true. If Liverpool were to win both games by 1 goal but Leicester beat Spurs by 3 they would have same GD and points.

This shouldn't have been close.

Leicester rode their luck. Thought it was an absolutely fantastic performance once again. We somehow managed to gift our opponent a goal again but other then the Perez chance they didn't have anything. James and T.Silva expertly took out Vardy and Maddison and Jorginho ran the show in midfield.

1 minute ago, nonotnowjim said:

Top 4 isn't in their hands. If Liverpool win both their games and we beat Villa, Leicester are done and finish 5th

No they would both end up with 69 points and it would come down to GD

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I can guarantee they wouldn't swap it. Nothing compares to winning a trophy and no matter what happened tonight, top 4 is still in their hands.

It isn’t though.

And their cup win with only a handful of fans in Wembley reminds me of that saying about if a tree falls and there’s no one there to see it, does it make a sound?

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Weird. Thought TT's game management has been spot on in a lot of games - especially in CL. But tonight we were playing with 10 players with Pulicic hardly involved and looking more and more leggy and yet CHO and Tammy stay on the bench. We more than deserved the win but got that big slice of luck with that late Leicester miss that I was certain was going to nestle in the back of the net. 

You are right. We played with 10 men effectively. Pulisic made all wrong moves and decisions tonight. I like his talent, but, boy, does he need improvement big time.

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

It was odd, we had 3 or 4 players running on fumes yet he waited until 80odd minutes to sub them.

3 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Just had a look, you're right. Oh well, beat Spuds 10-0 and maybe they will squeeze through on goal difference 😆

10 minutes ago, andy said:

Some questioned why Reece in back 3..... did Vardy touch the ball in two games ?  I don't remember 

Good point. Not sure how effective Dave is at wb though.

1 minute ago, Stas1 said:

You are right. We played with 10 men effectively. Pulisic made all wrong moves and decisions tonight. I like his talent, but, boy, does he need improvement big time.

Needs a run of games.. not in the zone yet.

2 minutes ago, andy said:

We need to beat Villa and we will finish on 70 points and Leicester and Liverpool cant catch us - Villa game is as big as the CL final simple as

Surely a certain John would help us to deal with Villa?