Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

4 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

No they would both end up with 69 points and it would come down to GD

You are right. Liverpool already have +1. If they beat Burnley they will have a min on +2 and if they win on the final day, they will have +3.

So Leicester would need to beat spurs by at least 3 goals, as a minimum to even level on GD. 

12 minutes ago, Snedger said:

The Leicester supporting lady in the Sky studio said Leicester fans wouldn’t swap the FA Cup win for a win tonight, but I’m not so sure. If they end up fifth I think missing out on the Champions League for a cup that hardly any fans could see might not be so great.

Probably more important as its their first.

Get in, Massive win but made more nervy than it needed to be, shocking Var decisions once again and plenty of chances we should have put away.

Why couldn’t we have performed like this in the fa cup final? 

Was great to have the fans back in in decent voice you can see with the big scrap at the end how much of a difference having a real atmosphere in the stadium makes, completely different game.

UTC.

It really looked like this was going to be another of those nights.

But the intensity was fantastic and a well deserved win. I had almost forgotten how much I love watching Kova play! We looked a lot better going forward after he came in. We really missed him in the previous games - Kova when teams sit back, Kante when the game is open.

The refereeing was disgraceful, and the VAR deserves to be fired.

And while this was more important for us, the cup was clearly more important for Leicester. As it should be!

Apparently our first win against them in a few years, I hadn't realized.

Just now, sonic90 said:

Watching Timo doing his interview, he is chipper and doesn't look down at all, believes this is a one off unlucky season

Can't help but warm to the guy. Love his enthusiasm and I can see him doing really well next season - if he can master the offside trap.

1 minute ago, goose said:

Probably more important as its their first.

True, but as I said a few minutes ago, with almost no fans there in a cavernous empty stadium, it’s like the the tree falling in the forest that nobody sees. Did it make a sound? 

I maintain that this and last season should be always marked with asterix as no fans, doesn’t count the same. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

You haven't been unlucky, Timo, you just need to learn to stay onside. You would easily be our top goalscorer if you sorted that out.

He could still be out top goal scorer if he scores a hat trick against Villa 😂

5 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Watching Timo doing his interview, he is chipper and doesn't look down at all, believes this is a one off unlucky season

he was brilliant today and I love his attitude.  Won two penalties, got pushed for his hand ball but generally run them ragged,  Mason deserved MOM but Timo is there tying up two defenders every time creating the space. Yes his finishing and offsides could improve. I think he will become a huge star for us. The fans loved him in the stadium because he don't stop 

13 minutes ago, evissy said:

Reece Kovacic made one small mistake. That was all they did. Nothing more. We absolutely dominated but due to our sh*tty composure we didn't win by a big margin. 

Kova always has these lapses in his game and he was well rusty tonight. Goal was down to him and it was him that switched off when Perez nearly equalised late on.

Need Kante fit for the last two big games.

1 minute ago, Brigadeiro said:

Are we back to being optimistic now? 😅

I’m not. We can probably scrape the win against Villa, but I saw nothing at all tonight to make me think we will beat City.

Last year we had to beat wolves and mount hit the brilliant free kick .. I think he will do it again .. how I wish we had someone like a big drogba the king of Wembley and big matches.. has cost us 2 trophies against arsenal and one against Leicester 

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Can't help but warm to the guy. Love his enthusiasm and I can see him doing really well next season - if he can master the offside trap.

...... needs to work on his heading, his control and learn the off-side rule.

A busy summer for Werner.

Great win. 

but let’s just finish the job at villa which will not be easy. 

I thought we were good tonight apart from that stupid mistake between james and kova.

we need to show this spirit and passion more often.

we still are crying out for a striker.