Frenkie De Jong, not a rumour but apparently for sale

ozboy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

This also explains today's press articles that is apparently from De Jong that he will only leave Barcelona to join Chelsea.

Clearly this has come from Barcelona who don't give a fck about him or us but are trying to get Man Utd to take the bait. Its so transparent its laughable.

I called it from the beginning that these twats are banking on selling De Jong to register Raphinha and Lewa. 

Fact of the matter is, if De Jong stays put and the Super League doesn't happen next summer (+ Barca not winning the league or CL) they are well and truly f**ked. 

Just now, Sconnie Blue said:

I called it from the beginning that these twats are banking on selling De Jong to register Raphinha and Lewa. 

Fact of the matter is, if De Jong stays put and the Super League doesn't happen next summer (+ Barca not winning the league or CL) they are well and truly f**ked. 

Fingers crossed :biggrin:

17 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

This also explains today's press articles that is apparently from De Jong that he will only leave Barcelona to join Chelsea.

Clearly this has come from Barcelona who don't give a fck about him or us but are trying to get Man Utd to take the bait. Its so transparent its laughable.

That lunch was likely Barca trying to sell Todd on De Jong and to let Dave leave.

Should go 4231 and bring in another player like de jong for the double pivot. 

Quite a few box to box players that would be interesting, De Jong, Nunes, Milinkovic-Savic, Tielemans. 

Theres no defensive midfielders on the market, so 433 is not an option for me. 

We have wingers and full back backs, but barely any centre backs, and not enough wing backs, so im not sure why we still seem to be chasing this 343. 

A partner for Koulibaly like Gvardiol, or Fofana.

Another midfield option out of De Jong and co.

A top winger to replace Ziyech.

A competant cf to compete with Havertz. 

Use Emerson, Colwill, T.Silva, Chalobah as back up back 4. 

We need to offer De Jong 400K a week.

On the condition that we're only willing to pay 10m at most for him

And rely on him only wanting us and our lucrative offer and Barca's desperation to sell to get him off the wage bill to register new signings.

Edited by HazardousChoice

3 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

At the very peak under Tuchel, Jorginho and Kante with Mount coming in deep had us compete against the elite sides.

-Champions League final we matched City in the midfield battle.

-FA Cup semi final we bettered City in midfield. 

- Real Madrid CL semi final home and away we dominated the midfield. 

It's more than evident by now when we have a holder + advanced ball carrier in midfield, we have the perfect balance. De Jong is a massive upgrade on Jorginho given he provides what Jorginho does + more. 

I do agree with your last point, although I still wouldn't be surprised if Bellingham is a priority over Rice. 

De Jong has not hit Jorginho's heights in his short career. He could be excellent but I think he needs to be a player you build your team around. I don't think we would do that. We are more of a system side under Tuchel than one which relies on individual talent per say. 

I don't see him being someone Tuchel prefers.

4 hours ago, evissy said:

De Jong has not hit Jorginho's heights in his short career. He could be excellent but I think he needs to be a player you build your team around. I don't think we would do that. We are more of a system side under Tuchel than one which relies on individual talent per say. 

I don't see him being someone Tuchel prefers.

De Jong is what Jorginho was to Sarri

If we get De Jong the added advantage is that Man Utd are completely f**ked, because Ten Hag really really needs him to play his style of football

3 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

At least there's one player wants to come to Chelsea 😄I don't see how we fit him in our 343 system, there are already 3  players for 2 spots, not including RLC, Gallagher etc.

He does not though, he wants to stay at Barca 😆

7 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

De Jong would be absolutely brilliant but I think I’d find it embarrassing if we ended up funding for Barca transfers.

I say leave him at Barca and leave them in the sh*t.

We should propose Azpi for De Jong swap and them paying all his back wages just to screw with them.

Edited by Nick05

Dont want to go anywhere near him. We do not need another lightweight midfielder from the spanish league who cant keep up with the EPL pace and gets pushed of the ball. Anyone remember Saul?

This kid may be a step up from Saul, and perhaps Jorgi....but he is not what we need.

It is like needing an Essian and buying an Ozil.

On 26/07/2022 at 18:28, Jackson27 said:

Just Low Ball Barca, Give Them Future Incentives Like X Amount For If Frankie Wins African Player Of The Season, X Amount If He Plays In The Women's Champions League Final

Low balling Barca sounds good to me.. keep them jumping from leg to leg before cancelling the deal at one hour to deadline

Not disappointed to miss out on Kounde, I remain disappointed that the football authorities allow Barca to spend these monies while not paying players like De Jong the money they are owed first.

When you think what the football authand government did to us over an alleged, unproven link between Roman and the war in Ukraine but yet it is a fact Barca owe players like De Jong money and they are not being made to pay what they owe first is really poor.