The John Terry Appreciation Thread

ForeverCarefree
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3095121/Didier-Drogba-carried-Chelsea-team-mates-substituted-final-game.html 

Makes interesting reading now considering how aggressively the journos are jumping on John Terry now.

Same teams, same situation - dead rubber, almost the same time of sub, the other side knew it was going to happen in advance. But that was a legend the journalists accepted.

5 minutes ago, benjsross said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3095121/Didier-Drogba-carried-Chelsea-team-mates-substituted-final-game.html 

Makes interesting reading now considering how aggressively the journos are jumping on John Terry now.

Same teams, same situation - dead rubber, almost the same time of sub, the other side knew it was going to happen in advance. But that was a legend the journalists accepted.

Beat me to it! Just found this, too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/didier-drogba-carried-off-by-chelsea-team-mates-in-final-game-but-he-wasnt-injured-the-substitution-10273225.html

Didier Drogba carried off by Chelsea team-mates in final game - but he wasn't injured, the substitution was pre-planned

Drogba carried off just 30 minutes into final match at Stamford Bridge

Almost exactly 2 years ago. No condemnation, no hysteria, no allegations of bringing the game into disrepute. It is proof - if it were needed - that the media will never give JT the respect or balanced treatment they give to other players. 

They really have been pitiful in their blatant bias and bitterness over this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39999708
Look at the state of this from the sh*tty BBC. 

_96159279_terry_getty.jpg

Thousands won on Terry's 26th-minute substitution

Thousands of pounds are won in bets placed on John Terry being substituted in the 26th minute of his final appearance at Stamford Bridge.

Jesus f**king Christ would they give it a rest for f**k sake. It was announced that the club were planning something for Terry on his past appearance. A similar gesture was done for Drogba two years ago. It didn't take a genius to work out what the club/Terry had in mind. The match was also a dead rubber. Whatever happened yesterday had absolutely no bearing on the final table whatsoever. This witch hunt is getting embarrassing now

And for Garth Crooks: it makes me uncomfortable that the BBC think you're actually a competent pundit

We should expect nothing else from the Chelsea hating media. A lot of these so called sports journalists were bought up as Arsenal, Liverpool or Man Utd fans, The teams that dominated the 70's 80's and early 90'

with unchallenged income from unknown sources that suited them at the time because nobody questioned or challenged it.

Along comes this Russian dude with unlimited funds and suddenly everyone wants to know whats going on??

Envy is a terrible thing   :laugh2:

JT.jpg

I personally thought the send off was superb, and something this elaborate can only be carried off for a "greatest ever" player. It also felt so much less orchestrated than Zabaleta's send off.

I quite liked the 26 minute touch as well, this is something that the no 7s, 8s, 10s and 11s can never do :biggrin:

I still haven't bothered to read what opposition fans have to say about the matter. JT was happy at the end of it, the rest of the team were happy and the fans are happy! That's the point of a send off.

It doesn't matter what people think, they can't change what happened, they can't put a stain on John Terry's legacy and they don't seem to realise this. Stan Collymore attacking John Terry's character just about sums all of this up, when you have bitter fans and ex players who were all fairly average and won nothing (Robbie Savage), agreeing with a woman beating c**t, who thinks he's the greatest gift to God's green earth.

Edited by Floyd25

6 hours ago, didierforever said:

Who the f**k cares what other fans and c**ts think. I mean why do we (Chelsea fans) care so much about "what others are thinking and saying". 

JT was a LEGEND. Without a doubt the biggest legend of the club. We will send him off the way we think its fit. And thats that. End of.

It's not the issue of it affecting us but moreso that it will just tarnish more debates. Now people are going to use this as some kind of stick to beat chelsea over the head with and chelsea nwill be looked upon with even more irrationality.

Although it's funny to see people hate us at soem points it just looks really dumb (like this) and is quite annoying to see everywhere

Edited by MANoWAR

6 hours ago, benjsross said:

It just proves it, it's because it's John Terry. If any other player does it, no big deal, when Terry does it, it's a disgrace. f**k em all.

58 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

It's not the issue of it affecting us but moreso that it will just tarnish more debates. Now people are going to use this as some kind of stick to beat chelsea over the head with and chelsea nwill be looked upon with even more irrationality.

Although it's funny to see people hate us at soem points it just looks really dumb (like this) and is quite annoying to see everywhere

Still mate,

I simply should not even bother us.

Lets look at the mind boggling hypocritical sh*t from the media houses:

1. This is the same media that had shown so much fake outrage when we won the CL using "defensive tactics", yet barca can dive, cheat, bribe their way to literally anything they want and pundits like owen and rio are seen w**king themselves over it.

2. JT is a w**ker cause he had sex with bridge's ex, yet giggs is a legend?

3. Jose at chelsea was parking the bus, yet jose at united is a pragmatic genius. 

These are just random examples from the top of my head, in no particular order. And I can go on and on and on for days. Point is I wont and I dont want to. Why waste your time on something you already know is out to get you. No matter what we do, we are the bad guys. We can abide by FFP, while City and united go out and buy 200mil pounds' worth of players, yet we are CHEL$EA. Which again begs the question, why should any CHELSEA FAN care about such a biased media and other-fan base.

Thought it was a lovely and touching send off to be honest. Had sunderland needed something from the game it would not have happened. 

I will say this though. Given this wonderful send off for jt and how we said goodbye to Didier (the second time around) I kinda wish we had done something equally as special for lamps. 

Betting probe. f**k off. No one saw it coming? No one? Really? If a betting company has a bet at what time JT is substituted I bet the wager is pretty small at 26mins and 90 mins. Envious, hateful f**kfaces have asked for this and nothing else.

I understand sort of why JT gets the hate. Some of it at least. Some of it is pure envy. He is not the most natural person. There are clicks in his charachter sort of like Ronaldo has. The love he gets springs from his achievements. Chelsea fans get him and it seems no one else does. Envy.

Let him retire gracefully at least.

14 minutes ago, evissy said:

Betting probe. f**k off. No one saw it coming? No one? Really? If a betting company has a bet at what time JT is substituted I bet the wager is pretty small at 26mins and 90 mins. Envious, hateful f**kfaces have asked for this and nothing else.

I understand sort of why JT gets the hate. Some of it at least. Some of it is pure envy. He is not the most natural person. There are clicks in his charachter sort of like Ronaldo has. The love he gets springs from his achievements. Chelsea fans get him and it seems no one else does. Envy.

Let him retire gracefully at least.

Considering this was posted in the match thread before the game surely betting shops were stupid to put the bets on in the first place.

On 2017-5-21 at 14:39, havelschayes said:

JT to be substituted in the 26th minute

On 2017-5-21 at 14:56, havelschayes said:

he will be substituted in the 26th minute, JT told the cfcuk fanzine peeps