pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

Luiz is far from perfect, but I'm happy for him to do a job until Christiensen and Ampadu can step in and play regularly next to rudiger. 

I'm hoping we don't sign a centre back anytime soon. 

23 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes he looks suspect defensively and yesterday giving away a needless freekick. Also noticed a superb  40-50 yard pass out to Pedro on the right with two further  passes and a decent chance on goal. Don't think any of our other defenders have that passing range or passing ability, at least yet.

Sarri gambling that having possession will give the opposition less chances...…...

Agree with this post. 

DL does have an issue with concentration and giving away needless free kicks like the one that led to Cardiffs goal on Saturday but still think he is good enough for 80% per cent of our games.

I must admit though I am a little worried about when we play the top teams and he is under a lot more pressure, on a positive note some of his passing is a joy to watch.

I thought defensively we looked much better when he came on as sub last night. 

Not sure if Christensen was withdrawn because of an injury by Luiz helped us take back control of the game, help distribute the ball from the back better and made a few key tackles late on. 

I think this might change a lot of peoples opinions of David Luiz, we massively struggled without him last season, although he was never at his best when he played. 

I hate how mistake prone he is game by game but he's still an excellent player and our 2nd best centre back. 

On 27/09/2018 at 16:53, turnyitb said:

The big games and big situation have never been a problem for David it’s the games against the so called weaker sides that he seems to switch off and struggle .

Not nice but you did ask for it.

5 hours ago, big blue said:

I know you don't like him, but I think it's a bit harsh to post that video, instead of giving credit where credit is due, after a man of the match display. 

Not a chance. @just would rather chop off his nuts than praise David Luiz, for anything... Ever.

5 hours ago, big blue said:

I know you don't like him, but I think it's a bit harsh to post that video, instead of giving credit where credit is due, after a man of the match display. 

Luiz, Rudiger and Alonso were spectacular yesterday. Not only defensively, but we know what Alonso can do pushing forward, and Rudiger and Luiz pay some of the prettiest long balls around. Luiz vertically, and Rudiger on the switch. Was a terrific game yesterday, a fair result, even if it felt like a loss at the end.

It was obvious (from the rumours at least) that Sarri wanted a centre-half in the summer & when Cahill inevitably leaves will we see Ampadu move into the rotation or do we think we'll be in the market? 

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Yesterday was the best I have seen of Luiz since Conte's first few months in charge. He was excellent yesterday, a proper big game performance from him.

It was the best centre half performance I have seen since John Terry days.

On 30/09/2018 at 10:31, big blue said:

We disagree.

I had Rudiger as MOTM.

On 30/09/2018 at 16:39, robdog said:

The main reason why I am adding this video to this thread is that the BT Sport crew interviewed David Luiz - check it out what he had to say

Jesus Christ what a non-bias panel that is, a Liverpool fan, a bloke who said United were better than Chelsea and an absolute plank who can't get over his embarrassing comments after the FA Cup Semi-Final and has been strongly bitter towards us ever since. 

Edited by Slojo