Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri In or Out?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. IN or OUT

• IN
    • OUT
    • Shake it all about
    • You do the Hokey Cokey

Really didn't want to be proved right, but I was sceptical when we were first linked with him and right now he looks totally out of his depth. That, on the back of the Bournemouth result was pure embarrassment and the buck has to stop with the coach. So on that basis it means sorry Sarri, it just ain't working so time to go.

We knew at the start of the season it would take a hell of a long time to turn around a defensive side to a posession based one. He's been there six months, It'll take longer than that. If we can't accept some bad results during this period then nothing is going to change.

We need an exodus of players to happen not the manager. How many more are they going to get sacked?

1 minute ago, Luca Vialli said:

We knew at the start of the season it would take a hell of a long time to turn around a defensive side to a posession based one. He's been there six months, It'll take longer than that. If we can't accept some bad results during this period then nothing is going to change.

We need an exodus of players to happen not the manager. How many more are they going to get sacked?

6 0 is worse than bad

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Really didn't want to be proved right, but I was sceptical when we were first linked with him and right now he looks totally out of his depth. That, on the back of the Bournemouth result was pure embarrassment and the buck has to stop with the coach. So on that basis it means sorry Sarri, it just ain't working so time to go.

Same Nibs. We needed a total clean out to make his football work and that didn't happen so here we are.

My personal view is that this goes bigger than the coach or the squad. It goes to having someone who understands football run things. No doubt our decision-making didn't go beyond "Napoli play good football, let's get this fella". Same as we did when we appointed AVB. No consideration of fit or whether we were willing to invest in what was required. Yes, people will say we bought Jorginho, but it's no good buying a conductor without an orchestra. 

The outcome of this result should be the purchase of a proper technical director who can implement this 'passing' vision that Roman seems to like, whether Sarri is the long term manager or not. Sacking Sarri without that in place will achieve nothing. We'll just continue the same cycle. 

I'd give him till the end of the season. There's no point in sacking him now, because a) current squad does need an overhaul and no interim manager is going to make a diference in that regard, and 2) hopefully we'll see some signs of improvement before the season's over.

But I have to say, at this point it's difficult to see how Sarri's going to turn it around, he just looks out of his depth. Hopefullly I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

So because we got turned over by the best side in the country we should knee jerk and panic and start again with the same problems (the players) in place for some new bloke to try and motivate them?

btw I personally think the Bournemouth result was wayyy worse.

The Bournemouth result was worse because it was Bournemouth. But to be thrashed by a rival and so utterly outclassed...........today was just embarrassing. It was like a return to the 1980's it was that shocking. People can make all the excuses for Sarri they want but it's another case of The Emporer's New Clothes. Face the facts - he is out of his depth.

Watch from 3:55.
He is talking about Sarri, style and City board/owners, and why he choice to go there.

He is simply saying he choice them, because they know his football need time and that they will back him, no matter what. That they believe in him. It`s like saying i know if i failed first season(he did) i won`t get fired, unlike in Chelsea, where i will.

Just watch the press. He said the right things.

Edited by loshlosh

1 minute ago, loshlosh said:

He is talking about Sarri, style and City board/owners, and why he choice to go there.

He is simply saying he choice them, because they know his football need time and that they will back him, no matter what. That they believe in him. It`s like saying i know if i failed first season(he did) i won`t get fired, unlike in Chelsea, where i will.

I'm sure the fact that they can vastly outspend everyone, including Chelsea, played a very insignificant role in his decision.

1 minute ago, loshlosh said:

I read those quotes earlier. That was always a big factor in why he went to City and wasn't interested in us.

Goes back to what I was saying earlier. If you want a philosophy that needs to go to the heart of everything you do. Beyond a first team coach, goes to recruitment, goes to youth team development. A philosophy needs to be implemented by a Technical Director.

Key question is whether Roman and Marina are willing to give that bit of control, without that it won't work.

Just now, Zeta said:

It's not even the defeats, we have lost plenty of games before, but he shows absolutely no signs whatsoever of being able/willing to change what isn't working. We just keep doing the same things over and over and expecting it to suddenly work.

This has been my biggest concern with Sarri, he will lose every time playing the same way rather than mix things up. I don't think I have ever seen a manager of a top side being so limited. I am of the belief that the players deserve a huge amount of criticism and I think the player power at this club is really coming back to bite us hard right now, but that doesn't disguise the failings of the manager. The only time Sarri changed anything is when he moved Hazard into a false 9 position, but even that was terrible, we all knew it would be, just as it was under Conte. The playing style remained the same though. Pass the ball to death, very slow all over the pitch, very few chances created, midfield getting bullied, defensively exposed, defensively weak. He's not done anything to sort this out from what I have seen. 

The players aren't helping either, they are embarrassing themselves again, just like they did under previous managers. When you have managers like Sarri who refuse to adapt and tweak their style of football and players that just don't look like they give a sh*t about the club, you have 4-0 away defeats to mid table teams like Bournemouth, gutless performances against our most bitter rivals and embarrassing performances against teams we were only competing with 2 years ago.

18 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

So because we got turned over by the best side in the country we should knee jerk and panic and start again with the same problems (the players) in place for some new bloke to try and motivate them?

btw I personally think the Bournemouth result was wayyy worse.

its not just the heavy defeats its that sarri looks out of his depth completely and i really do not think he has it. we seem to be going back wards with him. I am not calling for his head as i can not see that there is a replacement, and as for the players being a problem, were not the players at united a problem for jose? and look at them now

I'm sticking with in.

I'm not sure what the alternative will be, we clearly don't have the squad to play a possession game, with a high press, but do we even have a good enough to squad to be successful on the counter? 

We have gone from having a 1st 11 full of international players that start regularly and captain their countries, to a team full of players that just about make up the numbers at international level. 

So we could revert to playing on the counter, and it would probably mean we wouldn't be losing heavily, but we would still be way off competing for anything other than 4th with this set of players. 

The club has been butchered in the last 3 or 4 seasons. 

7 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I'm sure the fact that they can vastly outspend everyone, including Chelsea, played a very insignificant role in his decision.

This is what people need to remember about Guardiola. Let's look at the team they are competing with right now, Liverpool. He wouldn't have been able to make them what they are now, he wouldn't have gotten an unlimited amount of money at Liverpool to bring in  the players he wanted. He would have got a few, but he wouldn't have got all of them, and he would struggle. No coach in the game has had it as easy as Guardiola, the bloke has had 3 dream jobs that any decent manager would have been successful with. I think Guardiola is a very good coach, but I think the way people go on about him like he is some sort of god of the game is totally over the top.

1 minute ago, big blue said:

I'm sticking with in.

I'm not sure what the alternative will be, we clearly don't have the squad to play a possession game, with a high press, but do we even have a good enough to squad to be successful on the counter? 

We have gone from having a 1st 11 full of international players that start regularly and captain their countries, to a team full of players that just about make up the numbers at international level. 

So we could revert to playing on the counter, and it would probably mean we wouldn't be losing heavily, but we would still be way off competing for anything other than 4th with this set of players. 

The club has been butchered in the last 3 or 4 seasons. 

Pretty spot on here. Awfully run club. Our soul searching after this defeat should begin with a single word - 'Governance'

We need a proper technical director to oversee the football side of things. That is the moment we end this chapter where we have squandered our massive wealth and become Arsenal.

10 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

....and as for the players being a problem, were not the players at united a problem for jose? and look at them now

I'm with you on this. Remember Conte won the league on pretty much the same players that Jose had, that put us near near the bottom the season before in his awful spell at the end.

Sarri saying he can't motivate these players pretty much points to losing the dressing room some weeks ago. Once that happens, it would be near impossible to get them motivated to play for you. 

I expect a statement with his release tomorrow with Zola to take over as caretaker. At the least, after the next game. That's the pattern of our club.

5 minutes ago, Brutos said:

This situation fits perfectly into the current political climate with Brexit. People want out of Europe but can't explain or have a plan of what out looks like. Chelsea fans want to change manager again but can't explain or have a plan of what it looks like.

That’s possibly the worst analogy I’ve ever read on this forum.

5 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

I'm with you on this. Remember Conte won the league on pretty much the same players that Jose had, that put us near near the bottom the season before in his awful spell at the end.

Sarri saying he can't motivate these players pretty much points to losing the dressing room some weeks ago. Once that happens, it would be near impossible to get them motivated to play for you. 

I expect a statement with his release tomorrow with Zola to take over as caretaker. At the least, after the next game. That's the pattern of our club.

Remember almost the same player f**** Conte, now fu*** again ? What will stop them to f**** the next one ?

And once player motivation is gone, it`s gone. You can bring it for some months, but you can`t make them play at their best, if their best days are behind them, and their motivation at this club is gone.
You can`t do a s*** about that.

Also player aging, they don`t stay at their peak forever, and you change manager and he brings their best. Won`t happen, and if any of you think, that there is a manager out there, that can motivate this player better then Sarri, sorry but you are delusional. The problem not lies in Sarri, but in the players.

Napoli players seems very motivated, when Sarri managed them. So 2 years in a row i see lack of motivation, definetely player problems. Their earn millions and in no way they should put performance like this or play with such low desire/motivation like that.