Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Wed 27th Jan 2021 18:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The few positives I could see tonight were Calum put in a good shift, Kovacic looked for the ball and played forward. I don't think I'm being too negative by saying that's how all I seen.

Did we show any real urgency after the first 25 minutes ? During which we still created nothing really.

We have no consistent movement, we just stand around. Anytime we actually make angles during play we can break teams down, we just don't seem to either want to put in the work, or take the chance.

Is Chilwell offering anything at all ? 

We are so safe, it's no wonder we create so little. Are the players happy to play like this ? Surely they have to take some responsibility and grab the game 

Receive the ball, get fronted up by the opposition and pass back. 

Repeat...

f**kit I'm a miserable bollix

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

I think you and @Richard P have misunderstood the role of the regista coco. He stands and points and makes everyone else run and then passes it to the person closest to him and then they pass it back to him in the same spot. It's the key to beautiful football I tells ya.

I preferred the one I used as a kid. Put the money in and give the change to the customer!

Disappointed to draw today though think under Frank we might have lost on the counter attack.

• The players showed more intent and work in the first half though ran out of steam in the second.
  • Wolves had two counter attacks, Ziyech and Jorginho stopped the first and CHO running back like he never did for Frank stopped the second.
  • Although we worked harder and passed more crisply up until around the 60th minute we could not break them down.
  • Giroud was not that effective today.
  • CHO was probably MOTM and this was his best match for me after showing some recent improvement under Frank, think he now feels he is over his injury.  Very poor that none of his crosses were converted.
  • Kovavic was good for about 60 minutes through working with Jorgy to move the ball up the pitch and even had a half decent shot which narrowly missed.
  • Jorgy did make any mistakes for me though was perhaps too defensive and once Kova stopped running we passed sideways.
  • Ziyech, still does not convince me. He has some nice moves yet end product is lacking though his one attempted shot won us a corner. Feel at times he does not spot a break and instead of feeding it frustratingly goes backward! Defensively he helped out.
  • Havertz moments where he was neat and looked to overrun Wolves only for other movements where he gives the ball away or just passes backward. 
  • Silva was arguably our other MOTM didn't notice anything he did wrong.
  • Surprised to see Rudiger over Zouma, think their level is similar though Zouma is much more effective in the opposition box on set pieces.
  • Chilwell was defensively ok and had a real battle today and had two chances, one on the far post he missed due to the defender being too close the other more centrally he should have scored and he knows it.
  • Surprised to see Azpi play today, though he did ok and put in some good crosses and was not caught out too often with Ziyech covering.
  • Mount should have come on five minutes earlier, we had stopped running or creating around the 60th min mark and Mounts direct attacking runs and turns brought back the positive impetus and was unlucky to not get us in the lead.
  • Pulisic was poor for me and didn't seem to want to take anyone on the Right, so why did he play there? 
  • Tammy did not see much of the ball difficult to assess.

Manager

Did ok considering was his first match. 

Subs made sense though 5 minutes earlier would have been better.

So now level with Arsenal and 5 points behind WHU...........

What happened to players shooting outside the box ? i swear we only shoot one time outside the box in every game so annoying...

The way Wolves set up obviously didnt help but its not like we are not used to that, i didnt like that sometimes Ziyech  Kovavic and Jorginho were all at the same place in the middle of the pitch with space in front of them but they kept going to the wing backs. Chillwell needs to regain his form pre december, Jorginho is just not fitting well with us and doesnt add anything beside good passes on the sides. I thought Giroud should have finished a few crosses we put in. Rudiger is lucky Neves muffed his free kick and i would like to see James in Azpilicueta's place if we go back to a back 3.

Calum was good so was Mount, i thought Silva was very good made some very important tackles and always look so composed on the ball.

Burnley are in good form but we usually do well against them.

Havertz needs to show more, more emotions, more skills, more shots, just show us something because so far i have not seen anything from him that makes me go wow. Right now he looks like an German Loftus Cheek.

Confidence is the key i think for the rest of the season, if we get lucky one game i think it will help them a lot between the ears.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

Im not going to go on as the manager hasnt had anytime......Im just not sure what I saw now is much different from what got Lampard sacked aside from a little more effort it seemed from some players.

Again.... Tuchel has had no time.....Im just saying I dont see this measured improvement some talk about....I hope to, because honestly we'd all rather see CFC succeed than not no matter how angry we are over Lampard's treatment.....just havent yet, and that totally makes sense in the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

It was neither better nor worse really. What do you expect, the guy has had 1 training session with the team. Some of you are being ridiculous with your negativity. We all love lampard, but he's not the manager any more, and we need to give the new guy time to implement his own ideas and methods.

You are correct, TT needs time and our support, but I think there’s a couple of things running in tandem , well for me at least, it’s not so much that I’m negative, but more that I am really, really disappointed in how things have turned out.

Firstly there is genuine disappointment in Frank leaving the club, I think we all wanted the Roy of the Rovers story , sadly it’s not to be but no one who has seen how Abramovich has operated over the last 15 odd years, can be surprised at Frank’s departure.

Secondly, after our top 4 finish of last year, £200+million spent on “talent” and a replacement for Kepa, I had such high hopes for this season. For a while it looked promising, but then the wheels came off, for what ever reason?

So there is much disappointment as I now suddenly realise - never been too quick on seeing the bleeding obvious - top 4 is beyond us.

Tonight’s game was awful to watch and I understand that it was TT’s first game in charge, but worryingly for me, he left our most consistent, creative and hardest working player (in my opinion)  on the bench until the final 10 minutes - surely he has watched us from a distance before his appointment? How could he not play MM from the start ?

Mount starts and, I believe, we would have won tonight.

Let’s have it right then, a lot of us on here took the piss royally today because were a tad upset nae pissed off at SFL getting the heave ho in the same underhand unfair manner as some ex managers, not all because some of them deserved the heave ho from RA. So for all the ‘let’s get behind Tickle and today was an improvement etc’ we are not going to have it ....just yet.  So unfairly or not I and the others are going to hold him to a higher standard than Frank because - 

he’s not a novice coach/ manager like Frank who we all cut a bit of slack to as he’s one of our own and we thought he’d get time to see his project through not 18 months, especially as last season he got top 4 and a cup final w a partial transfer ban.

Currently sitting 10th in the league 12 points off the top, I don’t know but I can’t believe Tickles league target set by RA is just that a top 10 finish? Think it’s top 4 or why sack Frank?

Theres quite a challenging run of prem games before CL against tough to breakdown Burnley next, then Jose’s Spuds away, Sheffield away, Barcodes home (should win that at least ?), Soton away. Tickle needs to win 4 of those at least to get us up the table. If he falters we are ready with the ?  

So the burden is upon Tickle cus just like the nouveau riche Russian mafia owners we are watching closely and failure is not an option!

It kinda remind me of Sarri ball, instead of 433,it was 4231 morph to 343. 

CHO was bright as rw, probably should have played on the left instead. Mount outplayed ziyech big time in 10 minutes. 

Our midfield are a bit boring, can't defend, not really great at passing too. 

First off the only criticism I put Tuchel's way is the subs should come sooner.

Giroud, Chilwell and Ziyech were all bloomin hopeless and should have been hooked sooner.

Wolves are a poor side. Despite what the scoreline suggests they are rubbish defensively, and even West Brom beat them recently. Not beating them at home is not good enough nor is not scoring.

Offensively that was awful to watch. Yes we controlled possession well and recovered the ball well but with all we had what did we do? Their keeper had an easy, easy day. Everything he did even Kepa could do.

Giroud was completely off it from the get go, missing CHO early cross when he should be tapping it in. Ziyech had a couple of good links otherwise he passed the ball backwards and gave it away cheaply with awful passes. Havertz not involved enough. Chilwell cannot perform as a wingback he is so poor going forward.

Finally the ref was hopeless as well. Every bit of contact was a foul to wolves. And he blows up bang on 3 minutes after a sub and more timing wasting when we have a corner.