Brentford v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Oct KO 17:30 BST

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Undeserved but a win! Serious questions need be asked, how on earth do we struggle so much against these kind of sides? We had all under control and then we just lost every control of the ball and Brentford should have at least level the score. But hey ho! Three points where Liverpool lost two!!

And we rule West London!!

The Mendy show

If we had as much intensity in our attack as Brentford did, we would score a hatful with our quality, Brentford deserve credit for putting us under so much pressure

RLC had a very good game as did Kante

Kova needs to improve in the final third

Christensen marshalled the defence well, Sarr did ok kept it simple

Not enough shots on target 

We will play a lot better and not get three points, this was ground out 

Now the dust has settled what a smash and grab MOTM MENDY safe hands or what?

also how many times have we seen the opposite of that last 30, Keepers having blinders against our stunning attacks to foil the winner or equalizer?

What a finish...my heart is beating like crazy.

Well, I guess sometimes you need a little bit of luck. We didn't have that against Liverpool and we could say it returned today. The champions win games even when they're playing bad.

Edou MOTM for sure. 4 crucial saves.

Edited by wizardous

2 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle go after the Brentford Manager in the next couple of weeks...I'll take him over TT after watching this tripe.

A number of our key players have a dip in form (god knows why) and it shows. This will inevitably happen to Brentford as well.

Talk about fighting in the trenches. Three points thanks to Mendy!

With that said, we should have killed the game with the chances we had at 1-0. But we really are looking like completely amateurs in attack these days and it's massively frustrating.

In the end Mendy, Loftus Cheek, Christensen and Sarr can walk away proud with their performance. Everyone else more than a bit sh*t really.

My god we were under pressure for the last 20 odd mins.

They caused us lots of problems. I knew this would  been a difficult game as they stopped Liverpool.

3 huge points and mendy saved us today 

Edited by Jezq8

Could have saved us alot of pressure with a bit cooler heades making the clearances, not good enough to keep hitting  Brentford players when we clear. No help from the front three either towards the end there, need to run their socks off for Brentford to not have it this easy in possession deep inside our own half.