Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

To be fair, a lot of players should be grateful to play footy for a living on incredible salaries. I mean I can't begrudge a player for wanting to play football for the fun of it and getting paid well. Anyone else would do the same tbh. Maybe hazard can't be bothered with high level football any more.

Edited by enigma

It's remarkable the amount of hate Hazard has received from Chelsea fans over the course of this season. He was a key reason we won the League last season

Yes I understand he's been very poor this season but we don't actually know why, people just assume he want's out yet he's not put in any kind of transfer request and has made no indication of wanting to leave. I doubt someone with any brain cells would jeopardize a whole year at the age of 25 in a short career just because they want out?

Lets wait until the end of the Summer before throwing accusations like traitor around. I would love to keep Hazard next season, he's easily our best player and there's not a chance we would be a able to find someone as good to replace him

It's remarkable the amount of hate Hazard has received from Chelsea fans over the course of this season. He was a key reason we won the League last season

Yes I understand he's been very poor this season but we don't actually know why, people just assume he want's out yet he's not put in any kind of transfer request and has made no indication of wanting to leave. I doubt someone with any brain cells would jeopardize a whole year at the age of 25 in a short career just because they want out?

Lets wait until the end of the Summer before throwing accusations like traitor around. I would love to keep Hazard next season, he's easily our best player and there's not a chance we would be a able to find someone as good to replace him

It's not hate, it's frustration, people should feel frustrated by Hazard, he's scored 2 goals all season, none in the league or Champions League, that is worse than any season Torres had for us. His efforts this season have been half arsed, that right there is a good enough reason to be annoyed. Playing bad is one thing, but not showing the effort that he was showing last season is unacceptable. Where is the anger, where is the fight ? we see none of this on the field, he shows almost no emotion.

You say he has made no indication of wanting to leave, but before we played PSG, he made comments about possibly joining them. He didn't say he wanted to be a Chelsea player next season, if he wanted to be here, then he would have said it, but he didn't.

We won the league because Jose ran Matic into the ground who saved our pitiful defense and midfield time after time. Hazard is a lower centre of gravity version of Willian without the cool afro and just as brain dead. 

I still think he's been sh*te on purpose to lower his market value to prospective buyers - he'll go to Bayern/PSG this summer. Bayern or PSG most likely... Real Madrid will say thanks but no thanks.

yeah those clubs love nothing more than to sign players who are out of form.

especially given the money problems the have.

It's not hate, it's frustration, people should feel frustrated by Hazard, he's scored 2 goals all season, none in the league or Champions League, that is worse than any season Torres had for us. His efforts this season have been half arsed, that right there is a good enough reason to be annoyed. Playing bad is one thing, but not showing the effort that he was showing last season is unacceptable. Where is the anger, where is the fight ? we see none of this on the field, he shows almost no emotion.

You say he has made no indication of wanting to leave, but before we played PSG, he made comments about possibly joining them. He didn't say he wanted to be a Chelsea player next season, if he wanted to be here, then he would have said it, but he didn't.

I understand the frustration but when things go wrong fans always have the tendency to look at everything under a magnifying glass and then make assumptions with very little evidence to back it up.

Just look at what "the special one " wrote a couple of posts ago about Hazard purposely playing poor. I mean come on.

About the no emotion. That's just who he is. Even last season, when he was having the best season of his career, he didn't show much emotion either but i didn't see anyone accusing him of not caring then though.

People have different personalities and some show (emotions) frustration easier then others. It's not because you can't tell on the outside that it's not there.

I mean just put yourself in Hazard's shoes for a sec. He went from PFA player of the year, tearing the PL up and playing a big part in us winning the title to playing like sh*t, not getting past his markers, only scoring 2 goals, getting booed by his own fans and called a rat.

You really think that there's nothing going on inside ? That there's no frustration or anger ? I would find that very hard to believe.

The PSG comments weren't very smart but i think his comments were meant more as a compliment to PSG rather then him  wanting to join them. Also note that the interviewer was from le parisien a Paris newsoutlet with clear ties to PSG so i'd take those comments with a grain of salt.

He also denied the Madrid rumour just a couple of days ago.

"I don't know who is saying that, but it's not true. At the moment, I'm at Chelsea," he told Belgian outlet ACTV.

"First I have to finish the season and I still have a contract for four years. I'm there and I'm currently feeling good over there."

"I want to be on the pitch as soon as possible - with Chelsea."

Kristof Terreur @HLNinEngeland 18 u18 uur geleden Engeland, Verenigd Koninkrijk

Antonio Conte has made it clear in talks with Chelsea that he wants Eden Hazard to stay. Player hasn't pushed for a move either. #CFC 

(Kristof Terreur is a reliable belgian newsreporter that reports news about the PL.)

"Chelsea want to keep Eden Hazard and it is understood the nature of Conte’s conversations with the Belgian centred predominantly on his fitness and his disappointing season.

Hazard gave no indication that he wants to leave"

(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/08/antonio-conte-talks-to-diego-costa-in-attempt-to-keep-striker-fr/)

Only way Hazard is leaving Chelsea is if he himself pushes for a move and apart from that PSG comment, which i already explained, there hasn't been any signs of that.

Apologies for the long post.

Edited by Hazard10

Comparing a creative midfielders goal return to that of a striker? Good comparison bruh. Go compare Hazard's chances created to Torres's then. 

Comparing a creative midfielders goal return to that of a striker? Good comparison bruh. Go compare Hazard's chances created to Torres's then.

Then shall we compare Hazard to Neymar? Last season I was being told the former is much better than the latter.

If not, how about we compare Eden to CR7 or Bale? How about Ruez?

I mean we could lower the bar and compare him to former championship players like Mahrez, right?

We could compare Hazard to just about anyone this season and he will look the joke he has been this season.

The only winger in Europe who has had a worse season than Hazard is Adam Johnson and thats only cause pedo is going to end the season behind bars.

It probably says something broader about the kind of world we live in, that people would sooner convince themselves a player would self-sabotage his career than believe Mourinho stuffed up.

I suppose its either believe that or admit that Hazard just isnt nearly as good as so many here believed.

Personally I think its a bit of both. He isnt as good as many here claim and he has not been trying his hardest.

Oh, and I think its pretty clear by now that players can have big strops without sabotaging their career. In fact, at CFC it is a proven way for the players to get what they want and not the method of self destruction/sabotage it should be.

In fact, at CFC it is a proven way for the players to get what they want and not the method of self destruction/sabotage it should be.

Can you

A) name the player(s)?

B) say what they wanted?

C) say why they wanted it?

D) say what they did to get it?

E) explain how the above had no negative consequences for them?

Anyone who said Hazard wants out looks awfully silly if the reports are to be believed.

I dont think they look silly. I think Hazard has a very funny way of showing his commitment. And by 'funny' i mean disgracefully pitiful.