Reece James

PloKoon13
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm not sure long term if Reece will stay as a RB, think he might end up as an understudy to Willian next season when not required as RB.

Lamptey looks to me like he might be a RB yet between the two we seem really well covered at RB.

Love the physical side to Reece's game though a couple of refs recently thought he was too physical.

1 hour ago, Wearyourblue said:

If you had to pick one player in Blue to have to fill all 10 spots it has to be James!

He’d probably do a job in goal too. 

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm not sure long term if Reece will stay as a RB, think he might end up as an understudy to Willian next season when not required as RB. 

If he moves anywhere it’d be in to central midfield. 

13 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Too short for goal 😉

I don't contrary to popular opinion see him as a midfielder despite his natural inclination to move inside.

He played central midfield for Wigan last year for 3/4 of the season and won their player of the year. He has the attributes to be a word class right back, he wont be switching positions anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Every cross feels like a big opportunity with him. He looks capable of getting a couple of assists a game.

He put in TEN crosses today .. and CHO 8 ... vs the left side of 2 from Azpi and 1 from Willian ... 

That right flank looks frightening if they can be consistent, and do it in "big games" as well ...

1 hour ago, Jackbuchanan said:

I'm calling it. Within 2 years Reece James will be regarded higher than TAA, will be Englands number 1 RB and possibly the worlds best in his position. The kids a star in the making.

Call it all you will but personally I think TAA is the world's best right back and will be for the next 5 years. I'll be more than happy enough if RJ is 2nd best. 

TAA is so good though that he may end up being a right midfielder, similar to how Bale made the switch. 

4 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

He put in TEN crosses today .. and CHO 8 ... vs the left side of 2 from Azpi and 1 from Willian ... 

That right flank looks frightening if they can be consistent, and do it in "big games" as well ...

Burnley are a poor side. 

James lacks pace and mobility, tbh, and Hudson Odoi isn't great at tracking back. I could see it as a weakness for other teams to exploit should they choose aggressively attack down that side. 

His crossing is good, though. 

Anybody else feel that TAA is overrated because of the front three Liverpool have and the system working so well? 

I personally believe Reece James is already just as good as TAA, but doesn't have the fortune of a well oiled system and clinical goal scorers to provide for. 

Both are good going forward, but imo James edges it on the defensive side. Reece will only get better too. I am hyped for his progress. 

Edited by enigma

12 hours ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Burnley are a poor side. 

James lacks pace and mobility, tbh, and Hudson Odoi isn't great at tracking back. I could see it as a weakness for other teams to exploit should they choose aggressively attack down that side. 

His crossing is good, though. 

Then you have the pace of strength of Rudiger behind him, our right hand side is really good atm.

42 minutes ago, enigma said:

Anybody else feel that TAA is overrated because of the front three Liverpool have and the system working so well? 

I personally believe Reece James is already just as good as TAA, but doesn't have the fortune of a well oiled system and clinical goal scorers to provide for. 

Both are good going forward, but imo James edges it on the defensive side. Reece will only get better too. I am hyped for his progress. 

Forget Trent for a minute, there's some poor United fans who think Wan Bissaka is better. They're in for a very rude awakening.

I don't think we are making the most of his crossing ability. 

Yesterday Tammy scored from the high cross he delivered almost on the touch-line, his other crosses are like dinked balls and mostly easy for defenders to read.

They could work better if a runner can be accurately found yet think they should be doing much more damage than is currently the case.

Good to see him get MOTM.