Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Drogba1 said:

I think James justifies a huge wage to be fair

No he doesn’t! Everyone seems to be going by last season where his output exceeded his expected goals & assists 5 goals & 9 assists (exp. 2 goals & 7 assists), it was an anomaly & his numbers have reverted to the norm this season . What you don’t do is turn around & make him the best paid defender in the league on the back of a freak season. You look at the data, and see if he can repeat those numbers over a couple of seasons before paying him £250k/w. The Trent Alexander’s £180k/w wages should have been the ballpark region as he consistently returns double figures in assists. 

The same applies to Mount whose expected numbers were off also 11 goals & 10 assists (exp. 8 goals & 7 assists). You can’t after 1 good season, and with only 26 goals & 22 assists in 119 PL games demand to be paid over £200k/w. I think he is following the Rudiger playbook and would keep dragging it on till he enters the last year of his contract, keep declaring his love for the club, and leave on a free. If by May a deal can’t still be reached, transfer list him and sell early in the summer window. 

2 minutes ago, ducavis said:

No he doesn’t! Everyone seems to be going by last season where his output exceeded his expected goals & assists 5 goals & 9 assists (exp. 2 goals & 7 assists), it was an anomaly & his numbers have reverted to the norm this season . What you don’t do is turn around & make him the best paid defender in the league on the back of a freak season. You look at the data, and see if he can repeat those numbers over a couple of seasons before paying him £250k/w. The Trent Alexander’s £180k/w wages should have been the ballpark region as he consistently returns double figures in assists. 

The same applies to Mount whose expected numbers were off also 11 goals & 10 assists (exp. 8 goals & 7 assists). You can’t after 1 good season, and with only 26 goals & 22 assists in 119 PL games demand to be paid over £200k/w. I think he is following the Rudiger playbook and would keep dragging it on till he enters the last year of his contract, keep declaring his love for the club, and leave on a free. If by May a deal can’t still be reached, transfer list him and sell early in the summer window. 

Reece James is a RWB so I wouldn't judge his performances solely on G/A. He's far better at defending than Trent Alexander Arnold for example. He rarely puts in a bad perfromance for us, easily our best player aside from a fit Kante.

On 26/11/2022 at 05:38, ducavis said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11470769/AHEAD-GAME-Mason-Mount-rejects-200-000-week-contract-Chelsea.html

He has rejected a £200k/w offer (would have been overpaid IMO), and now demanding £300k/w+. Would you still sign him up? Personally would sell him ASAP for £60m if there are any buyers (doubt it), I still can’t see what fans are seeing. 

Most sources are reporting this to be bullsh*t, though as ever all this has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Sad to see "fans" using this rumour to bash a very young academy graduate who has shown his quality, gives everything in every game, has been a model professional in a time where many young players embarrass their clubs.

As for most overrated player ever, utterly moronic opinion.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Most sources are reporting this to be bullsh*t, though as ever all this has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Sad to see "fans" using this rumour to bash a very young academy graduate who has shown his quality, gives everything in every game, has been a model professional in a time where many young players embarrass their clubs.

One day I reckon Dkw won't be so polite and tell us all how he really feels.

bang bang sport GIF by WWE

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Him being an academy graduate is irrelevant though, if he isn't playing well and people think he doesn't deserve the wages he is asking for you are allowed to say it.  Same thing for Mendy, same thing for Kante. You cant take it with a pinch of salt though because he hasn't signed a contract yet.

Jorginho has done good things for Chelsea and been a professional and you still bash him.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Reminds me of TheScore01 on twitter. Clear Cobham bias.

I like to come on here and see who says Mount should be sold so i can make note of who has absolutely horrendous football knowledge. 

The £200k p/w rumour is bs too as confirmed by Simon Johnson. CLub offered FAR less basic, the £200k is sensationalised with a number of unachievable add ons to get to that figure. 

Fact of the matter is we our jeopardizing our team by utilising Mount the way we have been.  He's not creative nor is he influential in the final third (despite people stat padding bottom half clubs as an argument) and yet Tuchel & Potter were primarily using Mount as this 'link' given how weak our midfield is. 

The lad said himself he is a #8. Stop utilizing him as a #10 or attacking winger. Fix the midfield. Bring in elite creativity and defensive solidity to partner Mount, and see if Mount can actually shine and grow similarly to what we saw under Lampard. 

On 27/11/2022 at 15:14, jack_super_class said:

Him being an academy graduate is irrelevant though, if he isn't playing well and people think he doesn't deserve the wages he is asking for you are allowed to say it.  Same thing for Mendy, same thing for Kante. You cant take it with a pinch of salt though because he hasn't signed a contract yet.

Jorginho has done good things for Chelsea and been a professional and you still bash him.

Don't right game jorg first on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

13 minutes ago, HonoreMeiBalsac said:

He is not a quality player at this point.

Never had much attacking prowess or attributes aside from set pieces. But now doesn't even positively impact the flow of the game.

He literally just did that an hour ago.

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Should came on earlier when the game was in the balance, should had an assist under his name but we all knew what happened.

On the positive side, didn't get over worked during the campaign, should be ready to play when the reason resumes.

Agree.. no more he has played too many Mins 

2 hours ago, Drogba1 said:

Feel like a CM in a 3 man midfield is his best role, he'd shine at Liverpool. Makes the most of his pressing without requiring a huge goal return.

Agree & I feel he would have benefited immensely by not getting switched around by Lamps & Potter because of his industry. Think he has even played false 9 in some games. 
The flip side is those kind of CMs don’t get paid the kind of wages he is after, and there are too many quality CMs available on the market for a fraction of the fee we will demand, and the wages he will demand. 

8 hours ago, ducavis said:

Agree.. no more he has played too many Mins 

Agree & I feel he would have benefited immensely by not getting switched around by Lamps & Potter because of his industry. Think he has even played false 9 in some games. 
The flip side is those kind of CMs don’t get paid the kind of wages he is after, and there are too many quality CMs available on the market for a fraction of the fee we will demand, and the wages he will demand. 

We have a player similar to him who's not that far behind him if atall who could seamlessly take the baton if Mount does decide to go (which I hope he doesn't).

That really needs to be reflected in negotiations, he's not irreplaceable like James is.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

We have a player similar to him who's not that far behind him if atall who could seamlessly take the baton if Mount does decide to go (which I hope he doesn't).

That really needs to be reflected in negotiations, he's not irreplaceable like James is.

We also seemingly have Nkunku over the line as well. So Nkunku and Gallagher for the attacking midfielders. Add Carney as well.

In an ideal world Mount understands this and accepts his role. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

5 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

We also seemingly have Nkunku over the line as well. So Nkunku and Gallagher for the attacking midfielders. Add Carney as well.

In an ideal world Mount understands this and accepts his role. 

Something tells me that Gallagher isn't going to make it here. I can see Trossard coming in though to replace Mount. Don't know how I feel about that tbh