Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 minutes ago, JM7 said:

There must be some Bayern players that we would want surely?

Wasn't it Veratti that Barcelona kept nibbling at. Kept at it, kept at it, kept at it...

So PSG says piss off and activates Neymar's buy out clause...

"Hey Robert... would you be interested in 4 years at 300K per week? Just wondering"

Get in Lewandowski's ear and start acting like a but money club. 

To be fair, Pedro/Willian were good, right decisions not make CHO play 3 games in a week. The issue was until Bayern made their intention to sign CHO, Sarri never played CHO, now he's playing catch up, and it's not possible to play a guy every game who hasn't played any in about 4 months. He's likely to leave, the least club could do is keep him until the next transfer windows, and hopefully he proves his values further.

Bayern Munich have reportedly agreed that Chelsea can have first refusal on Hudson-Odoi as part of the deal to sign the youngster this month. (Mail) #CFC

After further contact however Bayern feel the deal is now over the line, after agreeing to a buy-back option, giving Chelsea first refusal only should they decide to sell Hudson-Odoi on at a later date. (Mail) #CFC

If  Odoi is sold to another club other than Chelsea, a sell-on clause is set to be in place in order for the Blues to receive a portion of the transfer fees. (Mail) #CFC

(On the fans singing about CHO staying) “In light of this, I thought it was ominous that Hudson-Odoi headed straight down the tunnel” at FT #

Not looking good. I think we will sell. 

The rioting if he is sold will be bigger than when FSW replaced Robbie D.

We won't be selling him, no matter the price. He'll be even more important post-Brexit when European players need visas, we have too few English players as is.

He'll be playing in this second half of the year and we'll see about a contract in the off season.

With Pulisic coming in, he may as well leave. He obviously wants to leave, so no point trying to stop him. I am not particularly impressed with H-Odoi pushing for this move given his age and not even staying to play under Sarri. Sarri has had four months at the club and is having to deal with a young player already showing discontent, he's in a rock and a hard place, and as a new manager at the club shouldn't have to be the one responsible for Callum staying at the club.

The board should have made more of an effort to convince him to stay or speak with Sarri to play him more. I think this club puts so much pressure on managers to win, win, win at all costs, that youth will get pushed to the side. It just shows to me, if Callum leaves, that he doesn't want to stay and fight for a place but would rather go and jump ship than stay at the club which has given him all the coaching and training needed to reach this level. I would prefer a player who wants to stay and succeed at the club like Ampadu and RLC. 

Edited by enigma

9 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

To be fair, Pedro/Willian were good, right decisions not make CHO play 3 games in a week. The issue was until Bayern made their intention to sign CHO, Sarri never played CHO, now he's playing catch up, and it's not possible to play a guy every game who hasn't played any in about 4 months. He's likely to leave, the least club could do is keep him until the next transfer windows, and hopefully he proves his values further.

This is the main reason he is leaving, It's very poor man managment by Sarri. It could have easily been avoided by giving CHO more chances and not put him out of our team and bench for the majority of our games. It's not like he is a regular youth player either, it was easy to see he has the attributes to be great during pre season and the few times he got to play. Instead we have been giving all the minutes to a couple of aging wingers, who I doubt will offer us anything beyond this season and one of the worst strikers I've seen in PL.

2 hours ago, Master&Commander said:

It's ridiculous to go behind the whims of a child. He has waited only four months at 18 years to stay fully in the turnover of a top club.

Apart from the fact that an 18-year old is hardly a child, taking a longer term view is probably more useful than your here-and-now statement.

End of the day, he's only just turned 18. This is his first full season with the squad. Yes, he should have played more, but it's not like he's 21/22 and still being loaned out every year, with clearly no future. If he wants to throw his toys out of the pram after half a season and demand a move, then f**k him.

Having previously said I blame the club to an extent being held to ransom by an 18 year old with potential is quite embarrassing. New manager come in getting his feet under the table give him a chance.

At this point this attitude is turning me off him if it's true, last player couple player's to be behave this way hasn't turn out well so far. Tibo and Solanke

22 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Having previously said I blame the club to an extent being held to ransom by an 18 year old with potential is quite embarrassing. New manager come in getting his feet under the table give him a chance.

At this point this attitude is turning me off him if it's true, last player couple player's to be behave this way hasn't turn out well so far. Tibo and Solanke

I quite literally lol’d when Solanke moved to Bournemouth.  I would have a hard time believing that he doesn’t feel a little sheepish about the move, considering the whole situation with him moving to Liverpool and thinking he would have a better chance of breaking through there.  Mid table player, right where he belongs.

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

Bayern Munich have reportedly agreed that Chelsea can have first refusal on Hudson-Odoi as part of the deal to sign the youngster this month. (Mail) #CFC

After further contact however Bayern feel the deal is now over the line, after agreeing to a buy-back option, giving Chelsea first refusal only should they decide to sell Hudson-Odoi on at a later date. (Mail) #CFC

If  Odoi is sold to another club other than Chelsea, a sell-on clause is set to be in place in order for the Blues to receive a portion of the transfer fees. (Mail) #CFC

(On the fans singing about CHO staying) “In light of this, I thought it was ominous that Hudson-Odoi headed straight down the tunnel” at FT #

Not looking good. I think we will sell. 

There’s reports out there now that he did, in fact, clap the supporters before heading down the tunnel.