The John Terry Appreciation Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

My issue is that If JT turns down the contract, there will be fans crapping on the club. People wanted the club to offer JT a contract, the club did that, if JT rejects that it is unfair to attack the club.

If he doesn't sign, they'll find someway to blame the club. Offering the contract too late, offering rubbish money which puts his kids financial future at risk.

I think he'll sign anyway.

The whole point of the money debate should be,  when do you have enough money?  I think if most people had £10million, they could manage it well and would never need to worry about money again.  So, when we see people who are millionaires many times over acting like they're still hungry for money, it does feel negative to normal, down-to-earth people.  When you have tons of cash, money should no longer be a motivating factor in your decisions. But we live in a society where greed is off the chart - and even your average man on the street can be stupid enough to sympathise with greed.

I really hope that John Terry chooses Chelsea over money, as he's certainly got more than enough dosh.

Edited by Blue Day

My issue is that If JT turns down the contract, there will be fans crapping on the club. People wanted the club to offer JT a contract, the club did that, if JT rejects that it is unfair to attack the club.

It's not quite that simple, yes they've offered a contract but what us the contract? For all we know it could be sone derisory offer so it's really not as simple as you think it is.

The whole point of the money debate should be, when do you have enough money? I think if most people had £10million, they could manage it well and would never need to worry about money again. So, when we see people who are millionaires many times over acting like they're still hungry for money, it does feel negative to normal, down-to-earth people. When you have tons of cash, money should no longer be a motivating factor in your decisions. But we live in a society where greed is off the chart - and even your average man on the street can be stupid enough to sympathise with greed.

I really hope that John Terry chooses Chelsea over money, as he's certainly got more than enough dosh.

Indeed, he has a chance to continue playing for Chelsea in his 20th / 21st ? year, leaving an ever bigger legacy, something money on its own cant buy.

The whole point of the money debate should be,  when do you have enough money?  I think if most people had £10million, they could manage it well and would never need to worry about money again.  So, when we see people who are millionaires many times over acting like they're still hungry for money, it does feel negative to normal, down-to-earth people.  When you have tons of cash, money should no longer be a motivating factor in your decisions. But we live in a society where greed is off the chart - and even your average man on the street can be stupid enough to sympathise with greed.

I don't think money is one of those things where you just go "yeah i've got enough now, i don't need anymore". If you have the option to make a hell of a lot more money, you should. 

Truth is, it's not about how you earn - it's about how much you spend.

Footballers live in big houses, have numerous cars and live exgravaently.

Footballers also measure their value and worth against others in the squad. £20k per week would be amazing amount of money to for 99% of people in the world. However footballers will see themselves as a poor relation of their teammates who earn £100k.

I'm hoping this is down to Conte. A big question for any new manager of Chelsea would be if he would like to keep JT with all that this entails regarding a link with the recent history of the club, or would he prefer the easy life and get rid.

Assuming Conte had a say then he has definitely given the right answer. I'm optimistic now that we have a manager who is secure enough in himself to make the right decisions.