coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

I know you like to troll, but try to think before you post. Chelsea with Sarri got 3rd and the Europa League win, without a striker who can consistently score. Look at the other top sides they all have goal scorers that we don't. I can't understand how people don't realise that it is really hard to win when you inherit a squad without goalscorers. I know people like you just want to attack Sarri and ignore the facts. 

Tbf I don't always agree with @ForeverCarefree but he's far from a troll. 

I doubt a troll would have nearly 20,000 posts on a forum and still be around. 

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

And a guy who has one trophy in however many years is?

Klopp has had a great season but it’s his only great season...1 season 

I think winning the bundesliga twice with Dortmund are great seasons. 

But additionally I think managing Dortmund for 7 years and Liverpool for what will be at least 5, is as good an achievement as any league title in this day and age. 

Building a side, an identity and seeing that through. That's something few managers in wood football can do. 

It's why if we went back to before Jose MK2. I'd wish we hired klopp and not Jose. 

letting sarri go, particularly if it is with a view to bringing in allegri or lampard, confirms beyond all doubt that under abramovich this is a club with no strategy whatsoever.

if you have a massive financial advantage, or if you have a core of legendary players, of if you have eden hazard, or a mourinho or a conte coaching the team, or better yet some combination of all of the above, then you have a chance of being successful.

if on the other hand you don't have any of the above, and you are up against one club, let alone two, that have their own equivalents, then you have almost no chance.

what I'm saying is that we are no done as a side with a realistic path to even challenge for the title again.

we are confronted with an unfortunate truth: without his spending, abramovich is a net detractor to chelsea in 2019. 

this is because he isn't going to suddenly offer an amazing understanding of football. he might get lucky and strike gold as he did with conte, by hiring a manager who gets every drop of talent out of the squad. and if that happens at the same time as liverpool AND city get distracted, or suffer a huge injury crisis (etc), then it might be possible. but otherwise, we have very little chance.

to my recollection he hasn't made 3 good consecutive decisions related to running the football side of the club (the important bit) since 2004/5.

it is a shame, but there you go. we still exist as a club and have seen us win everything under his ownership so we have to be happy, but make no mistake, the golden era is over. could still be fun though.

37 minutes ago, g3.7 said:

letting sarri go, particularly if it is with a view to bringing in allegri or lampard, confirms beyond all doubt that under abramovich this is a club with no strategy whatsoever.

if you have a massive financial advantage, or if you have a core of legendary players, of if you have eden hazard, or a mourinho or a conte coaching the team, or better yet some combination of all of the above, then you have a chance of being successful.

if on the other hand you don't have any of the above, and you are up against one club, let alone two, that have their own equivalents, then you have almost no chance.

what I'm saying is that we are no done as a side with a realistic path to even challenge for the title again.

we are confronted with an unfortunate truth: without his spending, abramovich is a net detractor to chelsea in 2019. 

this is because he isn't going to suddenly offer an amazing understanding of football. he might get lucky and strike gold as he did with conte, by hiring a manager who gets every drop of talent out of the squad. and if that happens at the same time as liverpool AND city get distracted, or suffer a huge injury crisis (etc), then it might be possible. but otherwise, we have very little chance.

to my recollection he hasn't made 3 good consecutive decisions related to running the football side of the club (the important bit) since 2004/5.

it is a shame, but there you go. we still exist as a club and have seen us win everything under his ownership so we have to be happy, but make no mistake, the golden era is over. could still be fun though.

There's a time when every player, manager and owner needs to move on, and that time is now for Roman. That is, unless we are now content to be a Cup team that fights for 4th?   As you said, him and the board have no plan at all. They are not  seeing the game has moved on and the top clubs have plans set out for years, while ours are for months before we rip em up and start again. Despite the Cup wins, the poor or very average league seasons are becoming more and more frequent and it's two consecutive seasons where we've looked a million miles away from the top team. As Arsenal and Liverpool have found, 2 years can easily turn into 12 and more.      Never forget what Roman has done for us, but i do think hs time has come and a new ideas are needed to start  taking us forward again.

Edited by Dixons

There's no point forcing a manager to stay regardless how good he is. If he's not giving his all, he'd be fired by Christmas and we just wasted a whole season. Roman isn't sacking Sarri, it's Sarri that wants to leave. Realistically, this is the once in a career chance he has to manage Juventus and almost guaranteed win the Serie A, he'd be nuts not taking it. Managers and players know when to move on, be that 12 months or 12 years.

13 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Because he’s won so much.

Manchester United are a complete mess and it’s been shown that since he left Jose wasn’t the root of the problems they’re having. No question he played a part too but it wasn’t all him.

His track record is still better than nearly every other manager out there and he’s going to walk into a job at another big club, no question. 

And you know what? I wouldn’t rule out him winning plenty when he does. 

Which big club/top team would take him?

None of the top 6 in England will, maybe at a strawclutching push Levy/Spurs if Poch walks and he's so desperate to end his trophy drought but no chance will Arsenal, City or Liverpool take him, United goes without saying and the fact Lampard is the frontrunner for the Chelsea job now and a man who's been assistant for 10 years was the go to guy if we sacked Sarri in March all while he's been a free agent says everything to what Roman thinks about his current level.

Going abroad, Madrid have settled for Zizou, Juve don't seem interested despite both parties being on the market, PSG won't appoint him as they want attacking football, Inter choose Conte while Barca and Bayern wouldn't have even touched the prime version.

Historically he's a great manager but that's just it history, you wouldn't play a busted flush player based on the past so why would you with a manager?

Edited by Argo

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

Which big club/top team would take him?

None of the top 6 in England will, maybe at a strawclutching push Levy/Spurs if Poch walks and he's so desperate to end his trophy drought but no chance will Arsenal, City or Liverpool take him, United goes without saying and the fact Lampard is the frontrunner for the Chelsea job now and a man who's been assistant for 10 years was the go to guy if we sacked Sarri in March all while he's been a free agent says everything to what Roman thinks about his current level.

Going abroad, Madrid have settled for Zizou, Juve don't seem interested despite both parties being on the market, PSG won't appoint him as they want attacking football, Inter choose Conte while Barca and Bayern wouldn't have even touched the prime version.

Historically he's a great manager but that's just it history, you wouldn't play a busted flush player based on the past so why would you with a manager?

He’s made a rod for his own back. His early successes and craving of the spotlight rendered him “ box office” according to the media, which works fine when things are going well, with the flipside being he’s under under the microscope when results don’t go his way.

During the end of his last spell he showed signs of truly loosing the plot- he looked like sh*t, propegated the ridiculous notion that refs and the authorities were ganging up on Chelsea- a real masterstroke that was- entirely counterproductive because decisions probably went the other way because refs didn’t wish to appear as though they were being cowed into submission.

Prior to this his career had been success after success, then the wheels fell off, his cloak of invincibility vanished, and he’s never been the same manager in the four years since.

Sky sports reporting we had no intention to sack sarri but didn’t want to keep him if he was unhappy, his behest grievance was not having a relashionship with the decision makers.

So basically we can’t keep our top players, and we can’t wven keep a manager now.

I don’t think anyone at this club actually knows how to run a football club, Roman had a strategy for success, but the best, demand excellence and sack if it doesn’t come.

Well we aren’t spending big any more and we have run out of credit in the sense we can’t draw the best of the best like we once could, managers will and are starting to see this as the job it is set up to fail, top managers want legacy not a quick buck.

We need to get ourself a strategy and see it through because the way the club is run right now is just piss poorer won’t be seen as an elite club much longer if we continue.

What does elite mean? Means we can compete with the best in Europe we haven’t been anywhere close for years, we were an okay  club, getting better, Roman came gave us 10 years of elite football now we are fading away. 

Sounds harsh but that’s the reality, we were nothing special had a short flutter now we are returning to nothing special, we are proving the “hot no ‘istory” w**kers right. 

If we think we can continue to live off our pay reputation we are sadly mistaken it’s short enough for people to forget, Nottingham forest won the European cup and Blackburn won the league....when you don’t build in success you’re forgotten.

I doubt we will be in any relegation battles soon but we will just be arsenal, that was in insult unthinkable a few years ago now we are basically there. 

3 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Sky sports reporting we had no intention to sack sarri but didn’t want to keep him if he was unhappy, his behest grievance was not having a relashionship with the decision makers.

So basically we can’t keep our top players, and we can’t wven keep a manager now.

I don’t think anyone at this club actually knows how to run a football club, Roman had a strategy for success, but the best, demand excellence and sack if it doesn’t come.

Well we aren’t spending big any more and we have run out of credit in the sense we can’t draw the best of the best like we once could, managers will and are starting to see this as the job it is set up to fail, top managers want legacy not a quick buck.

We need to get ourself a strategy and see it through because the way the club is run right now is just piss poorer won’t be seen as an elite club much longer if we continue.

What does elite mean? Means we can compete with the best in Europe we haven’t been anywhere close for years, we were an okay  club, getting better, Roman came gave us 10 years of elite football now we are fading away. 

Sounds harsh but that’s the reality, we were nothing special had a short flutter now we are returning to nothing special, we are proving the “hot no ‘istory” w**kers right. 

If we think we can continue to live off our pay reputation we are sadly mistaken it’s short enough for people to forget, Nottingham forest won the European cup and Blackburn won the league....when you don’t build in success you’re forgotten.

I doubt we will be in any relegation battles soon but we will just be arsenal, that was in insult unthinkable a few years ago now we are basically there. 

What an over the top and ungrateful post.

Sarri doesn’t want to be here and we will move on. Hazard wanted a new challenge and we kept him for his best years, we will move on.

you think losing 2 men means the “we have no history” melts are on to something? If so you I think it’s a bit sad and laughable.

The club will move on and the supporters will continue to support, guys like you will come and go.

11 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Sarri doesn’t want to be here and we will move on. Hazard wanted a new challenge and we kept him for his best years, we will move on.

you think losing 2 men means the “we have no history” melts are on to something? If so you I think it’s a bit sad and laughable.

The club will move on and the supporters will continue to support, guys like you will come and go.

Don’t make assumptions  I’m from Battersea I’ve been Chelsea since I was a school boy, and a supporter since we were in the second division, my old man used to even go to Gillingham games as well so save your stupid bollox thinking you’re a super fan an I’m not because I have a criticism.

It might be gloomy but reality is we were not elite we reached that for 10 years now we are slipping away, the club isn’t run right anyone with a clue will tell you that.

No history means no history at elite level now we made history but if it’s a flash in the pan it will be forgotten not by us but by the footballing world, are you happy with the clubs strategy? If so please tell me what it is? And the long term goals? 

I have and will support regardless of level however I’d like to watch us play top level football and we are in danger of losing that and becoming like I said an arsenal, decent but not top level.

If staying reality is ungreatful then I don’t know what to tell you I think you just wanted to show you’re propa’ chels waaaY OY OY 

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

14 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

1 hour ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Don’t make assumptions  I’m from Battersea I’ve been Chelsea since I was a school boy, and a supporter since we were in the second division, my old man used to even go to Gillingham games as well so save your stupid bollox thinking you’re a super fan an I’m not because I have a criticism.

It might be gloomy but reality is we were not elite we reached that for 10 years now we are slipping away, the club isn’t run right anyone with a clue will tell you that.

No history means no history at elite level now we made history but if it’s a flash in the pan it will be forgotten not by us but by the footballing world, are you happy with the clubs strategy? If so please tell me what it is? And the long term goals? 

I have and will support regardless of level however I’d like to watch us play top level football and we are in danger of losing that and becoming like I said an arsenal, decent but not top level.

If staying reality is ungreatful then I don’t know what to tell you I think you just wanted to show you’re propa’ chels waaaY OY OY 

If anyone wants to show he's proper Chelsea it's you with your first paragraph. Touting your father going to a Gillingham game as one of your Chelsea credentials...come on, that's just sad.

And who cares if "the footballing world" - whatever that is - forgets about what we"ve done the past 10-15 years? How on earth is it important what others think of Chelsea in 20 years' time, or 20 days even?

You seem to mind terribly what others think of our club. Oh dear, they might not think we're one of the best, wah-wah-wah! Do you think Forest supporters care one bit about what you think of their club? They just continue their support regardless of their standing in the world, and that's exactly what the sensible part of  the Chelsea supporters do as well.

But go ahead, you just go on fretting about the opinion of others if that floats your boat.

51 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Apparently we’re seriously considering Lamps as part of a long term strategy. With Cech also back at the club, he could bring a calmness to support Lamps

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/6/8/18657612/chelsea-strongly-considering-lampard-as-part-of-long-term-transfer-banned-strategy-report

Its always a long term strategy until the wheels fall off.

Our long term strategy is to build the club even bigger, to build a great youth system, to win as many trophies as possible, to rebuild the stadium, to take very good care of the players and the fans. All these things we do well. 

Short term is managers. Short term is building a squad to a certain system, short term is buying established players. 

If we'd let go the immediate graze of winning every season we might just fix some of the short term items. 

8 hours ago, Valerie said:

If anyone wants to show he's proper Chelsea it's you with your first paragraph. Touting your father going to a Gillingham game as one of your Chelsea credentials...come on, that's just sad.

And who cares if "the footballing world" - whatever that is - forgets about what we"ve done the past 10-15 years? How on earth is it important what others think of Chelsea in 20 years' time, or 20 days even?

You seem to mind terribly what others think of our club. Oh dear, they might not think we're one of the best, wah-wah-wah! Do you think Forest supporters care one bit about what you think of their club? They just continue their support regardless of their standing in the world, and that's exactly what the sensible part of  the Chelsea supporters do as well.

But go ahead, you just go on fretting about the opinion of others if that floats your boat.

You just totally missed everything relevant and tried to belittle me rather than get the point. I’ve never stated my Chelsea past only because it’s questioned “people like me will come and go” 

I realise you’ve taken it upon yourself to take a role in a forum that you’ve clearly been part of for a long time, and see that as some sort of faux online authority and you sure like to “give people a telling” when you think you can but try and relate to the points rather than playing your role. 

We are heading in the wrong direction, we have had a fabulous run, it would be stupid not to build on that by getting a good long term strategy together. 

The hiring and firing is a short term strategy that has worked but has no longevity we and starting to go over the downward curve of that strategy.

Now this is not controversial it’s not only me who has this concern it’s quite obvious and a common opinion so instead of making transliterated baby noises why not actually address my questions?

Its not all about what others think it’s about legacy it’s about enjoying us playing at top level.

I’m sure forest fans all support a PL club as well as do most long term lower league supporters  and would prefer their club was at elite level, as would we. 

18 hours ago, g3.7 said:

agree with everything, except i dont think the club could do diddly squat to keep Sarri, i reckon he made it crystal clear (before he left for Italy) "i'm not coming back, no matter what"

he wasnt made welcome, he knew what those fans in Cardiff were chanting, and in the end he had the last laugh on us.

19 hours ago, g3.7 said:

Yet if you say Roman has no strategy for the long term people will say you’re ungreatful, spoiled and should go back to having a pie in your hand and put the dog track back at the bridge , what a small minded attitude, it doesn’t mean that at all it means you want to build on the good he has done but realise the limitations of his strategy.

I’m glad someone else has said it all be it in a more diplomatic way. 

I remnber on sky sports after we won with conte Garry N saying that the other clubs were a good few years behind Chelsea and if we strengthened we would dominate for the next 3 or 4 years.

Well look how that turned out, now look at city and Liverpool, stuck with their man, backed him in the windows and you have 2 of the best teams in Europe, 3 years ago we were miles ahead of them, what does that say???

You think city or Liverpool would lose a world class player integral to their team at his prime to RM? It can be argued Hazard had that ambition always but if we were playing like city or Liverpool I highly doubt it.

Would a manager leave those clubs because the club didn’t talk to him and the fans boo him yet he does considerably  better in his first season that both pep and klopp and met and exceedee his targets? 

Some will argue it’s a dream job for an Italian but if we were backing him and he thought he could grow on what he did would he leave early, not a chance.

We are clearly not doing things right and need a long term strategy but it’s “not about what others think wah wah” and it’s about being greatful for being on the titanic even although you’re starting to see icebergs ahead but keep on going because sailing straight worked up until now and the ships put on some lovely entertainment recently. 

Guest Sindre
38 minutes ago, coco said:

agree with everything, except i dont think the club could do diddly squat to keep Sarri, i reckon he made it crystal clear (before he left for Italy) "i'm not coming back, no matter what"

he wasnt made welcome, he knew what those fans in Cardiff were chanting, and in the end he had the last laugh on us.

In that case its ironic that he's going to a club where the fans already want him out and he haven't even signed for them yet.