Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

49 minutes ago, JM7 said:

People who say the 5 forwards should left. Remember, we said the exact same thing about Lampard's defence. It’s often the system. 

I didn't.

The key difference is Lampard took defenders that had a record of being solid at premier league level and had them looking uncharacteristically shaky.

Tuchel inherited a bunch of attackers in Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech and Havertz that had never shown anything to suggest they could perform in the Premier league.

It isn't like they were great under Lampard and regressed under Tuchel.

Pulisic was our worst forward under Lampard the season before, considerably worse than Giroud, Tammy and Willian outside of his 3 week purple patch and then the attack fell off a cliff once Havertz, Ziyech and Werner came in with Lampard struggling to get much out of them.

Both Lampard and Tuchel play very very different systems the only consistency has been the poor performance from the same poor attacking players.

Edited by HazardousChoice

34 minutes ago, coco said:

I have a feeling Tuchel will come back and haunt us somewhere along the line. 

Could be at Liverpool by Christmas and facing Potters Chelsea in the league game away to them in January.

eta: We have them in 10 days, is it possible they could sack Klopp and install Tuchel by then ?

Strong doubt that Tuchel will accept going from a $300M transfer budget to only 300 pounds.

Some of these players had purple patches where for 4 or 5 matches they were getting goals and then their form dropped.

It was important in us acquiring top 4. 

I'm not saying we should keep them though there is no guarantee on recouping our outlay and they might yet have purple patches again.

9 hours ago, timetowaste said:

Maybe I'm being nit picky here but these empty gesture social media posts by the players are pissing me off. "Thanks for everything gaffer" "thank you and good luck mister" none of these guys has more to say than that? After they downed tools and let down the coach that led them to a champions league?

I hope behind closed doors players like Mount, Havertz, Mendy, Pulisic etc feel sh*t that they let Tuchel down. They either let him down or Tuchel had them all playing above their usual capability in his first 6 months, whatever it is he deserves better.

Finally the real leader in the dressing room steps up.

I'm sure Boehly and co were all very excited to have Potter come on board, plus they clearly didn't get on with Tuchel, but I must say I find the lack of official appreciation for TT's 18 months at the helm rather grating. 

I hope they have something else planned that is more apt than the two somewhat cold sentences they have given TT via the website so far.

On behalf of everyone at Chelsea FC, the Club would like to place on record its gratitude to Thomas and his staff for all their efforts during their time with the Club. Thomas will rightly have a place in Chelsea’s history after winning the Champions League, the Super Cup and Club World Cup in his time here. 

Second time they have done this. I wasn't exactly her biggest fan LOL, but even I would say that poor Marina deserved far far better than a one liner footnote on the memo announcing the new board as well.  Very classless from Boehly in both cases ... and a very different approach than we saw under Roman.

29 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'm sure Boehly and co were all very excited to have Potter come on board, plus they clearly didn't get on with Tuchel, but I must say I find the lack of official appreciation for TT's 18 months at the helm rather grating. 

I hope they have something else planned that is more apt than the two somewhat cold sentences they have given TT via the website so far.

On behalf of everyone at Chelsea FC, the Club would like to place on record its gratitude to Thomas and his staff for all their efforts during their time with the Club. Thomas will rightly have a place in Chelsea’s history after winning the Champions League, the Super Cup and Club World Cup in his time here. 

Second time they have done this. I wasn't exactly her biggest fan LOL, but even I would say that poor Marina deserved far far better than a one liner footnote on the memo announcing the new board as well.  Very classless from Boehly in both cases ... and a very different approach than we saw under Roman.

Yes to that, the lack of tribute and appreciation to Tuchel has been nothing but disgraceful from the club. These days when People say CFC has no class, and I totally agree with it.  Boehly believes this is his Chelsea, so couldn't wait to get rid of everything before him, be good if he could keep it up and rid off another 6-8 players. Forget the football for one second, when we were been sanctioned, nobody in the Chelsea executive level said sh1t, Tuchel was managing the team and facing the media scrutiny as the only spokesperson for the club. He would have drove that bus to France, he could have left for another job and there was not a f* thing the club could have done at the time. Yet he stayed, and held the team together, and would have taken us to another CL semi final if not for individual player's incompetence and a bit of bad luck.

I hope he comes back to England and join one of the our rivals, if it happens he beat us and give Boehly the finger salute, I'm totally fine with it.

11 hours ago, coco said:

I have a feeling Tuchel will come back and haunt us somewhere along the line. 

Could be at Liverpool by Christmas and facing Potters Chelsea in the league game away to them in January.

eta: We have them in 10 days, is it possible they could sack Klopp and install Tuchel by then ?

Zero chance of that happening. The owners & fans won’t stand for his style of football. Always find it funny when managers leave here & fans expect them to go onto something bigger, but it just doesn’t happen. Mourinho was predicted to end up at Madrid; went to Utd & now Roma, Conte was predicted to land a big job at Madrid; ended up at Inter, and now at Spurs. I am not sure any top club will touch a manager with a dodgy league record. Sure you can employ him because of his cup records, but that still needs an element of luck. We are still his biggest career success story. Leipzig or at a stretch Juve might be his next destination.

44 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Zero chance of that happening. The owners & fans won’t stand for his style of football. Always find it funny when managers leave here & fans expect them to go onto something bigger, but it just doesn’t happen. Mourinho was predicted to end up at Madrid; went to Utd & now Roma, Conte was predicted to land a big job at Madrid; ended up at Inter, and now at Spurs. I am not sure any top club will touch a manager with a dodgy league record. Sure you can employ him because of his cup records, but that still needs an element of luck. We are still his biggest career success story. Leipzig or at a stretch Juve might be his next destination.

Mourinho did end up at Real Madrid. Inter are one of the biggest sides in Italy and possibly Europe as well. Both Jose and Conte managed there and both ended up having a fair amount of success. 

You mention United as if they’re also not a big club. Arguably one of, if not the biggest club on the planet. Jose went there and also had a fair amount of success in his first season. 

Carlo another, left here and has gone on to win leagues all over Europe and a few champions leagues too. 

As for Tuchel he may not get the Liverpool job but I’ve absolutely no doubt he will get a job at a top side in Europe and will have a fair amount of success there. If Liverpool do sack Klopp (which I don’t think they will) they will 100% take a look at Tuchel if he’s not attached anywhere else by then. 

I've not read every post since the sacking lets forget about tactics and results and remember what Tuchel did for the club. How many managers have ever had a press conference and been asked to comment on geopolitics and give considered answers as well and the next question be asked whether you are playing 4-4-3 tomorrow. He could have swerved every question but he didn't the complete opposite to Eddie Howe who another intelligent man who point blank refused to answer any questions about sport washing etc.

Howe presumably was told by his board don't answer any questions stick to football Tuchel had no support at all or so it seemed people are admiring him for the way he's conducting himself what happens next that twat Buck says the game against Boro should be called off any sympathy for us as a club is completely eradicated.

No manager will ever go through what TT did and I'm gutted he's gone not surprised of course but you get immune to these sort of things supporting Chelsea it's been happening since the 70's.

5 hours ago, ducavis said:

Bullsh*t. His style of football has been attractive apart for the last 20 games or so. Even in this row of games there were very attractive matches against Tottenham and Liverpool in the FA CUP Final. It's not easy to play amazing football if they park the bus and you don't have any good attacking players that create space. Also he showed attractive attacking football at PSG and BVB. And what dodgy league record are you talking about? With the squad he had, he achieved the maximum 3rd place. 

Is it luck to make 2 CL finals, 2 FA CUP Finals, 1 League Cup Final in just 2 years? 

Every top 5 club will consider him when they sack their manager.

Apparently Boehly came in and showed Tuchel how Chelsea is supposed to play 4-3-3 in the future. Tuchel wanted De Ligt, De Jong, Kimpembe (Source: The athletic). Did not get any of these players. Boehly just wanted to focus on data for transfers while for Tuchel it's important to talk to the players and look at their character as well. Boehly wanted Ronaldo, TT didn't. 

This sacking was planned for weeks. Boehly just wanted a yes man and that's what he's got now. 

Edited by jony92

25 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

I've not read every post since the sacking lets forget about tactics and results and remember what Tuchel did for the club. How many managers have ever had a press conference and been asked to comment on geopolitics and give considered answers as well and the next question be asked whether you are playing 4-4-3 tomorrow. He could have swerved every question but he didn't the complete opposite to Eddie Howe who another intelligent man who point blank refused to answer any questions about sport washing etc.

Howe presumably was told by his board don't answer any questions stick to football Tuchel had no support at all or so it seemed people are admiring him for the way he's conducting himself what happens next that twat Buck says the game against Boro should be called off any sympathy for us as a club is completely eradicated.

No manager will ever go through what TT did and I'm gutted he's gone not surprised of course but you get immune to these sort of things supporting Chelsea it's been happening since the 70's.

Good point about TT.

He seemed a bit scratchy this season not sure if this was due to the new owner or the result of not having family around him or something else.

In his first season he was undoubtedly a class act in a very challenging environment. 

WTF would some believe he will not be hired by another big club, if not a bigger club than Chelsea, must be from the PR team of Boehly. Jose, Carlo, Conte, even Sarri all got big offers after Chelsea. Everyone in football knows there are some awful managers from Chelsea like Scolari, but Chelsea is poisonous and been firing managers for fun. Roman fired proven winners just to make a point, so he could get the next big thing. Managers see the Chelsea job as short chapter in their career, win something and get the fark out with a big pay off. Credit to Potter, managed to negotiate himself a 5 year deal for a likely much shorter stay. Every manager got fired has been excused playing boring football towards the end, how could you possibly be entertaining when you are losing more than you should?

4 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Even playing this formation we couldn't generate goals :wink:

On 07/09/2022 at 23:33, USATim said:

Anybody who plays a youngster out of position and beats his confidence down mentally is a prick. Sorry - Americans hate Little Tommy T - you can argue semantics but it is true.

You speak for the American soccer ball public ?

you might be surprised to hear that no one over here cares

2 minutes ago, yaz said:

My favourite and most endearing memory of his spell won't be the Champions League win, but the way he handled the sanctions and transition period. We should have a banner at the Bridge that says ''by bus, by train, or in a seven-seater'', or something along those lines.

I thought Tuchel showed he was a superb communicator in that period ... and especially so seeing as it was all in his second language. And yet we are being told that he couldn't communicate with Boehly ? I smell media planting and spin 🙂 

3 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

It is obvious Tuchel lost the dressing room and had to be sacked. To my Knowledge only Thiago Silva , Reexe James and Raheem sterling have posted goodbye messages on social media since his firing. Even Mason Mount who is meant to be mr good guy didnt say anything. 

Several more have. Though most are simply "thank you".

2 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

It is obvious Tuchel lost the dressing room and had to be sacked. To my Knowledge only Thiago Silva , Reexe James and Raheem sterling have posted goodbye messages on social media since his firing. Even Mason Mount who is meant to be mr good guy didnt say anything. 

Selfish gits,

They have really wound me up over this. Now they get Mr Softy at least they shouldn't be able to fall out with him.

Some people think these players need nurturing, i think they need butchering.

11 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/08/epl-how-chelsea-players-reacted-to-thomas-tuchels-sack/

Wesley Fofana, Reece James, and Raheem Sterling were some of the first Chelsea stars to pay tribute after new co-owner Todd Boehly dismissed Tuchel just seven games into the new season and 100 days into his reign at the west London club since replacing Roman Abramovich.

Apart from Fofana, James and Sterling, Edouard Mendy and Kepa Arrizabalaga paid tribute to the German.

Chelsea defenders Ben Chilwell, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kalidou Koulibaly, and Trevor Chalobah, also showed their respect to the former Paris Saint-Germain manager.

Mason Mount, Jorginho, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and Mateo Kovacic also took to social media.

Mount posted a picture with Tuchel hugging him on the sidelines: “Thank you for everything, Gaffer.”

Jorginho posted a picture of him shaking hands with Tuchel and wrote: “Thank you for everything.”

Also, Kovacic posted a picture of himself being hugged by Tuchel, with the caption: “It was a pleasure to learn and work with you and your staff. Thank you, Boss.”

On his part, Loftus-Cheek went for a series of pictures on his story with one saying: “Thank you for everything, coach. Wishing you all the best.”, while Kai Havertz posted a picture on the Champions League winner’s parade with Tuchel, saying: “Thank you.”

Obviously most of Tuchel's starters paid tribute while the players on the bench are missing like Pulisic or Ziyech.

26 minutes ago, coco said:

Selfish gits,

They have really wound me up over this. Now they get Mr Softy at least they shouldn't be able to fall out with him.

Some people think these players need nurturing, i think they need butchering.

Feelings peckish  @coco ? Maybe for some KaiWurst? A Pulisic Dog? Maybe some Mount and Kidney pie? Or maybe some Jorgiballs and Spagetti?

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News