Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sat 8th May 2021 17:30 GMT

5 minutes ago, Jackbuchanan said:

No idea why city are still massive favourites with the bookies. We knock them out the fa cup, beat them in the prem and basically cruise pass everyone including Real in the UCL. What more can we do?

Screenshot_20210508-193130.jpg

Take their money !

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Sterling - "I don't know how it wasn't a penalty, I thought VAR was here to help"

Yeah, I agree with that last bit, Raheem. I thought VAR was here to help too, which is why you should have been sent off in the first half.......

A moaner, whiner and diver as a player I absolutely detest him.  

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

FFS I have been trying to take this game in and the one day work is not slow this week is today. I sit down to try and watch the last 5 minutes and again something else and I miss what happened!

I can only assume Anthony Taylor had a stroke and got replaced because apparently we won despite the ball cu*ts best effort. 

Well done lads for beating Taylor plus City!

Exactly, the f**kin Teutonic twat

I may post more on this in a more appropriate part of the forum ( i guess the abramovich thread) when I have time, but thought it worth noting that Roman has gotten a lot richer over the past year- at least on paper, in relative as well as absolute terms. I don’t love this aspect of the game but it undeniably matters a lot and I’ve observed a correlation over the years between Roman’s personal fortune (and what drives it -basically the commodity cycle) and Chelsea’s success.

A post on Bluemoon :ATT1231304:

"Tuchel has Pep’s number here.

Even with Zinch, Foden, Gundog, didn’t create nay a ripple of improvement. I hate to say this but it does really feel that Tuchel and Chelsea have made a lot of effort and maybe technology in AI machine learn our tactic as a team and as individual players.

I’m not at all surprised if he lost against the lower teams but keeps on winning against us. If I were Tuchel new to the job, of course the first team that I want to deviscerate and analyse every granular detail will be us, Manchester City. He wants to win the league next year.

I have a bad feeling about the CL final, and this will keep me flapping to no end."

Just now, axman2526 said:

So as I missed the game how many offside goals did we score? How many were close calls and were all 3 by Werner?

Werner, Werner, Odoi

1st offside by a mile. The other two were inches

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

The interview is with Sterling and the only question is about the penalty and not about his yellow card. HAHAHAHA

sterling is an arrogant prick.. remember the incident with the Pool defender on england duty or refusing to shake Azpi's hand ...serves him right would have been better if he had gotten sent off for the horrible challenge.. Had it been a Barca /Madrid player they would have rolled around so much they would have gotten sent off..

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

The interview is with Sterling and the only question is about the penalty and not about his yellow card. HAHAHAHA

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Sterling - "I don't know how it wasn't a penalty, I thought VAR was here to help"

Yeah, I agree with that last bit, Raheem. I thought VAR was here to help too, which is why you should have been sent off in the first half.......

Would have been good if Sterling had been asked about the yellow card and why he went down as if he had been shot when gently touched by Dave. 

City should be sh*tting a brick having to face us in the Final.  If Timo could only find the net we would be a far better team than this City side.  

12 minutes ago, Deino said:

We'd be champions if it wasn't for that horrible run in November and December

In hindsight,

With Thomas managing the team like this. We probably would be challenging.

Sky clearly had this day down for a City title celebration and ain’t even professional enough to give us the praise we deserve, or even debate the Sterling challenge from the 1st half.

If you go on the redcafe, you’ll witness a lot of mental gymnastics with the city fans and other rival fans saying, we only won because it was the city B team and other Bullsh*t. Well we can make the same argument, we played without Silva, Mount, Chillwell, Kovacic, and so one. The only significant players that weren’t  involved in the game were KDB and Bernardo Silva. So stop making excuses, and let’s take this momentum to the final.

2 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

A post on Bluemoon :ATT1231304:

"Tuchel has Pep’s number here.

Even with Zinch, Foden, Gundog, didn’t create nay a ripple of improvement. I hate to say this but it does really feel that Tuchel and Chelsea have made a lot of effort and maybe technology in AI machine learn our tactic as a team and as individual players.

I’m not at all surprised if he lost against the lower teams but keeps on winning against us. If I were Tuchel new to the job, of course the first team that I want to deviscerate and analyse every granular detail will be us, Manchester City. He wants to win the league next year.

I have a bad feeling about the CL final, and this will keep me flapping to no end."

Even after admitting they are second best this twat still somehow seems entitled