N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

20 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I turn my back for 5 minutes and then Gol15 has been banned! Shame, once I learned to ignore the back and forth on Jorginho there were occasions he could make me laugh. 

Black socks for the referee tonight in Gol's memory.  

It does seem a bit harsh. I think he takes it all a bit too seriously and hence is easily wound up and overreacts. Did I miss something? The Jorginho thread just won’t be the same. 

23 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I don't think you can put hazard and sigurdson in the same level. Hazard lazy level is cl player, hazard normal level is wc, motivated hazard is balondor level. 

I can give you good argument that Mahrez is wc but in city team he is just another robot. 

Sorry - I didn't present that very well - I meant the difference between De Bruyne and Sigurdsson; Hazard and Mahrez. I was using Hazard as an example of a world-class player.

The world class player argument is as bad as the "Big club" or "history" argument. Everyone's definition is different depending on their bias. I would actually say Hazard isn't world class as he never got the the limits of how good he could have been, which constantly annoyed me. He was one of the best players in the game for a while, but could have been THE best player.

As someone who reads more than comments the reason @Gol15 got banned is I think he was a young overseas fan and he just didn't get the English sense of humour we just don't take anything too seriously.  We are a nation of piss takers and Chelsea fans are masters at it we always have been Loadsamoney (Harry Enfield character for all you youngsters) was based on Chelsea fans waving wads of notes at Geordies. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

The world class player argument is as bad as the "Big club" or "history" argument. Everyone's definition is different depending on their bias. I would actually say Hazard isn't world class as he never got the the limits of how good he could have been, which constantly annoyed me. He was one of the best players in the game for a while, but could have been THE best player.

True... which does make me wonder why I waded in. So subjective. For example, take consistency. I totally get why this is a major criterion for some but it’s problematic for me as it effectively rules out those wayward geniuses that had a tendency to often just not show up: Hagi, Gascoigne, Prosinecki.. even Maradona. And I can’t have that!

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

I turn my back for 5 minutes and then Gol15 has been banned! Shame, once I learned to ignore the back and forth on Jorginho there were occasions he could make me laugh. 

Blue socks for us hopefully! A 40 yard thunderbolt from Jorgi-boy in tribute to a fallen hero... :wink:

2 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Sorry - I didn't present that very well - I meant the difference between De Bruyne and Sigurdsson; Hazard and Mahrez. I was using Hazard as an example of a world-class player.

I see. I don't think Hazard is consistent, he is a lazy overweight, produce 0 output defensively. Some player take games off, he takes season off. He is just so damn good that even fat lazy hazard is better than most attackers 

3 hours ago, Dean said:

It’s subjective of course but I’d argue Kovacic gives Gundogan and Rodri a good run for their money and that if he were in the City squad he’d get a decent amount of playing time. 

Kovacic is no where near Gundogan. It’s the Jorginho v Fabregas argument all over.

5 hours ago, Dean said:

It’s subjective of course but I’d argue Kovacic gives Gundogan and Rodri a good run for their money and that if he were in the City squad he’d get a decent amount of playing time. 

Maybe in cup games. Its a problem i see with the Chelsea squad as a whole, too many good players and the players who could be close to world class are just under performing by quite abit.

8 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Nope Rodri is actually better passer than Jorginho and as Pep found out last season far worse defensively that fernadinho. 

And the point still was if he was here instead of Jorginho he'd be the one getting all the heat currently but because he's elsewhere he's being branded world-class. 

Typical "our players are sh*t while our rivals one's are amazing" syndrome.

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Kovacic is no where near Gundogan. It’s the Jorginho v Fabregas argument all over.

We can disagree, but  “nowhere near”, a bit like “not even close”, is an exaggeration. That’s all I’ve been saying.

7 hours ago, Valerie said:

The stats say 26.74% of forum members will miss him Val. 19.76% are indifferent, 4.76% don't know who Gol is, and the rest of us wish the pubs were open so we could go and celebrate!

32 minutes ago, just said:

The stats say 26.74% of forum members will miss him Val. 19.76% are indifferent, 4.76% don't know who Gol is, and the rest of us wish the pubs were open so we could go and celebrate!

Don't like to question your stats Just but come on, that figure looks like it might have been massaged UP a tad. Bit like accurate Jorginho passes...................

1 hour ago, just said:

Can I have that in a pie chart?

Or a pie, I'm not fussy.

Kante was everywhere tonight, absolutely everywhere and his ball over the top to Mason was sublime. Anyone writing off the fact he’s world class these days is delusional. He just oozes class & you’ve got to love his energy to constantly chase down every single ball, even in towards the final whistle. I love the guy!

22 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Did very well tonight, so fair play to him.

Why did Gol get banned btw ?  Can't turn your back for 5 minutes round here !

Didnt know he had been banned, shame tbh, I know he riled people up, but he kept it interesting, so fair play.