Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

1 minute ago, just said:

Pretty much how I feel Liam. He has definitely grown on me this season. His absence of pace and physicality means he will always need a Kante type athletic player alongside him. I really like his attitude as well.

He takes command a lot, you can always see him telling players where to pass where, where to go and what position they should be in. And he is a very good distributor of the ball. Not the best defensively but he's certainly improved from last season, I think he's an important player. 

1 minute ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Yeah but What do you rate kante’s performance tonight out of 10?

Well, you have to consider many factors. Firstly his demeanour, which is unassuming and charming. Secondly, his medal haul, which you can't argue with. Thirdly, his humble origins, which only add to the legend. Fourthly, his fitness, which was questionable. Fifthly, the fact that he chose to sign for us when he could have gone anywhere. Sixthly the fact that he hasn't agitated for a move, despite being far too good for us. Seventhly, the fact that he used to drive a Mini Cooper, or used to. Eighthly, the fact that he was playing alongside Jorginho, whom we've already established is grossly overrated. Ninthly, the fact that he's such a credit to our great club, and tenthly the fact that he made Danny Drinkwater look a player, when they were both at Leicester, so much so that we spunked the best part of 30mil on him.

Given all that, I think it's only fair to give him a 10.

10 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Well, you have to consider many factors. Firstly his demeanour, which is unassuming and charming. Secondly, his medal haul, which you can't argue with. Thirdly, his humble origins, which only add to the legend. Fourthly, his fitness, which was questionable. Fifthly, the fact that he chose to sign for us when he could have gone anywhere. Sixthly the fact that he hasn't agitated for a move, despite being far too good for us. Seventhly, the fact that he used to drive a Mini Cooper, or used to. Eighthly, the fact that he was playing alongside Jorginho, whom we've already established is grossly overrated. Ninthly, the fact that he's such a credit to our great club, and tenthly the fact that he made Danny Drinkwater look a player, when they were both at Leicester, so much so that we spunked the best part of 30mil on him.

Given all that, I think it's only fair to give him a 10.

Melt

He has a great attitude and he's a very well educated professional so this decision was very logical since on top of his persona he is the one that keeps the whole squad in check and distributes the ball.

He get's a lot of stick, but I'm really enjoying watching him play this season. He already feels more effective this season than he was last season, he just looks so much busier. I love that he gets in the faces of the opposition too. He picks up a few yellow cards, but he's picking them up in safe areas and giving our team a chance to get back into shape. It's a dirty art of the game, but it can't all be about flashy skills. I also think he is the cleanest passer in the team.

He looks like he is relishing his role this season.

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He get's a lot of stick, but I'm really enjoying watching him play this season. He already feels more effective this season than he was last season, he just looks so much busier. I love that he gets in the faces of the opposition too. He picks up a few yellow cards, but he's picking them up in safe areas and giving our team a chance to get back into shape. It's a dirty art of the game, but it can't all be about flashy skills. I also think he is the cleanest passer in the team.

Agree with this and IMO was actually one of our best players for the last couple of months last season as well.

He’s got the hang of the pace of the EPL and fully deserves his appointment as vice-captain.

Edited by 2211

We missed that player who knew the dark arts and Jorginho has that he knows how to break up the game when needed took a yellow for the team and didn't make rass challenges for the rest of the game.

55 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Agreed. Was going to post something along the same lines.  Didn't think he wanted to be here or was a bit disruptive or something. Happy to say I was wrong and he's really important to the team. Most of the crowd seem to agree too.

10 minutes ago, Brutos said:

We missed that player who knew the dark arts and Jorginho has that he knows how to break up the game when needed took a yellow for the team and didn't make rass challenges for the rest of the game.

Exactly!

Fabinho does it all the time for Liverpool, the only difference is he’s allowed to do it few times before he’s booked.

15 hours ago, Brutos said:

Yeah, thought he was going to get sent off yesterday, but he balanced it beautifully. Nice change after watching Alonso lose his sh*t regularly in the past.

If he plays the way he did last month, i am going to be quiet till the rest of season. Really, really impressive by him, both ends of the floor. Can't believe I'm saying that but he is our biggest leader at the moment. 

Everyone says he improved so much but I don't see it, he was already very good. The only reason people (some fans and especially pundits) are starting to acknowledge his class is because Lampard has done the very awkward thing of playing him and Kante in the exact same positions Sarri did, meaning it's easier to say he improved as opposed to admit Sarri was right all along.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

Everyone says he improved so much but I don't see it, he was already very good. The only reason people (some fans and especially pundits) are starting to acknowledge his class is because Lampard has done the very awkward thing of playing him and Kante in the exact same positions Sarri did, meaning it's easier to say he improved as opposed to admit Sarri was right all along.

I think he is playing better under Lampard.

Sarri had him as the fulcrum of the midfield circulating the ball out of defence.

He does not do that role now and consequently his pass statistics have dropped yet his through balls have increased.

Same position yet different role.