Southampton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 20th Feb 2021 12:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

First 30 minutes were actually decent, our possession forward was good, we were steady in the defense and it seemed like we needed only an attacking upgrade. Their goal is leading us to a trouble, lack of communication and bad positioning by Zouma gave them a gift.

Alonso's deliveries are awful, Werner and Abraham doesn't even receive a ball close to the goal. We're lacking more creativity and attacking aggression, Mount is good in possession but he has to shoot more, he must create space for himself and try to shoot. 

Bad preparation before Atletico, let's see how is our character to get back into the game, a half to play and make a comeback. COME ON CHELS!

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I agree. I also have no reason to believe that Lampard wouldn't have gotten the same results Tuchel got so far. The same problems are still there, creatively, we look hopeless.

So we would have gone from 7 points in 8 to 13 in 5?

To rob a phrase from Johan Gieseke anything's possible but it's highly unlikely..

2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I don't think we've ever been known as entertaining. Sarri was brought in to change that as he was known as a manager with an entertaining style. He didn't get us there, frank did at times, Tuchel might eventually. 

Prior to sarri always been counter attacking pragmatic football. Defense first. 

That's just the way the club has been run though. It's win at any costs, but we haven't won that much domestically in the last 10 years for us to be considered a real top club. We have won 2 league trophies in 10 years. For a so called "top club" and contender for the league, it's pretty shambolic after all the money that has been spent in that 10 years. 

Just now, Argo said:

To rob a phrase from Johan Gieseke anything's possible but it's highly unlikely..

Nobody knows for sure but we had a much more winnable run of games than Lampard had just completed before he was let go

Up to the goal thought it was really good. The best we had played under  Tuchel. Much higher tempo with Kante in the middle and some very, very good build up play. Get to the final third and that's where ended. Poor touches from Werner, no hold up play at all from Abraham. h

If Tammy can't learn to be stronger on the ball and improve in the air he won't make a top striker.

It was simple game. We broke through the line many2 times. Alonso wasn't playing well, james isn't a wb. Werner is Werner. Tammy need improvement. 

They had 0, I mean 0 opportunity to attack before Zouma and his positioning. 

BTW Kante is awful, he should stop passing forward quickly. He should pass left n right,passing forward is just dumb

I think CHO will come on for James yet really he has picked the wrong team today and can only hope his half time chat gets everyone fired up otherwise more changes and a draw the most likely outcome. Tommy Two shoes has disrespected the EPL for me and now has fight to get us back on track!

1 minute ago, Argo said:

we got a new manager bounce but fundamentally it's hard to see what if anything Tuchel has changed about the way we set up or play

The problem with Tammy is, he has no football brain. Whenver we attack, his positioning is awful. When he gets the ball played to him with the defenders tight, hes like bambi and cant control the ball and falls over it. Abrahams strength is running onto a low cross from out wide and finishing. With southampton pushing up a bit higher, hes more or less doing nothing. We need giroud on to link up play and bully their defenders.

Just now, SFL82 said:

Mate...think he is going fairly well so far. Top 4 from 9th we just conceded our first goal scored by an opponent in 6 games.

Frank was getting them scoring plenty early in then conceding left and right. 

In 6 games he is supposed to concede no goals and score 4 a game? 

It will come, the basis of a good team especially a Chelsea team is one that doesn’t conceded goals 

The results came against very poor teams or teams really out of form. If we just ignore the performances and look at the results, it looks better than it really is. We aren't playing well, and any team will feel comfortable to sit deep against us and play on the counter. We can't put together a single decent attack. When it comes to creating chances, this is the worst Chelsea team I have ever seen.