Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

2 hours ago, Valpo said:

The game ended here around supper time.  Did you folks across the pond stay up all night celebrating.

Nearly.

just got up and a blinding hangover...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Shug said:

Nearly.

just got up and a blinding hangover...

I found a good tactic for that...I drank my way through a hangover(apart from having about 5 sh*ts already)....I'm just plain and simply still smashed 

Edited by Malta Blue

I’ve hardly slept all night , what a performance from the whole team. It’s vindication for a lot of players who I deemed not good enough such as Rudiger and Christensen and I’ve never been so happy to be proved wrong. 

23 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I've had two hours sleep!!! Can't believe it! We are European Champions AGAIN!!!! 

DESERVED!!!! 

At one point I was wondering why I went to bed, adrenalin was boss!

Still Champions of Europe!

So proud of this team. Bossed the game. Every player out there put in a shift and we were fully deserving of our win over them. Despite all our spending this season, on average we have also had 2 players from the academy in the starting 11 for like almost every game. To see Mount and James start the game and win the UCL at such a young age is a huge achievement. Christensen played majority of that game and was faultless. Mount provided the match winning assist with a perfect through ball. James was a boss out there and won virtually every duel against Sterling.

I love being the underdog in a final tbh. Everyone was putting this on Pep, stating this is the last jigsaw of puzzle he is missing there etc, they were favourites whereas we have won it before, and say for instance we lost it would been very disappointing season, however it feels it would be more of a catastrophe for City to lose than us. Allowed us to perform with freedom. Was very important for me also that we qualified for UCL in the league rather than having to rely on this game or then pressure would have really been on.

The 2012 UCL win was great as we were huge underdogs that season and was our first time winning the UCL, however this season, seeing 3 players from the academy in that 11 come the final whistle and playing a top, top team and being deserved of the win makes this special. Turned out to be a great season!

Looking forward to grabbing the end of season review: DVD 😁

Could really do with the champions league final to be played with half a dozen matches left to play of the season, can you imagine the momentum we could of built up if we didn't have to wait months to play again

Posted (edited)

Time now to start planning for next season...TT will get a new contract which will give him comfort and confidence...need to decide what to do with Dave, Silva, Jourinho and new CF...

Edited by doctorblue

I'm so happy for all of us. What a magnificent feeling last night was, a few beers calmed me enough to watch but much effing and jeffing throughout and the 7 minutes of additional time.

Last night wasn't about any individual and hats off to Tuchel, but Frank deserves some of that last night.

Anyway me and my slightly fathead caused by Heineken are going to watch highlights all day long.

Up the mighty Blues.

KTBFFH