Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

I didn't bother to post anything here after the game. It was celebration time. Congrats to the team.

Tuchel plan work to perfection but of course I have to give prop to our defense, we gave city nothing.

I don't remember Mendy had to make any save but his ability to catch cross help us big time. 

Chilwell absolutely nullified mahrez.James coped very2 well against Sterling. 

Azpi was brilliant once again. The so called he is not captain material is absolutely bs. Silva was his brilliant self and huge shutout to chris as he replaced silva brilliantly. Rudi was a rockw. He was literally a rock,you can ask kdb about it. 

Jorginho distributed the ball very well. And now Kante, my MOTM and our one true wc player. I really don't have to say much. He destroyed kdb, won header in our box, carried the ball forward, fed Havertz, and he won header in city box. An absolute masterclass. 

Our three attackers. The goal was wonderful combination from our three attackers. Mount with wonderful through ball, werner with dummy/channel run to create space and Havertz with the goal. More importantly defensively all three worked really hard and help us defensively. 

Ps:

Shut out to @axman2526 friend, he almost win big, Werner had 3 excellent chances. 

Posted (edited)

I am so happy for this club. Thomas Tuchel and Thiago Silva deserved redemption tonight after the way PSG treated them. It was a big mistake by PSG to let those two go. I was a big fan of Tuchel before he came here and I truly he think he is the man to lead us forward with a long-term vision and plan. I just hope Roman sees that as well and is willing to stick with him for at least a few years to see what happens (barring a major collapse, like 15th place or something by the middle of the season of course. Knock on wood).

This team is a bit younger compared to 2012 and no one seriously considered them to be contenders, even after our summer transfer window. We have a solid selection of academy graduates, but we also have "misfits" like Jorginho and Mendy who climbed their way to get to this point, and then we have players like Rudiger who were on the fringes before Tuchel came in and were constantly targeted on social media by angry fans. The fact that they overcame everything to win on the biggest stage should be cherished for a long, long time. Our 2012 win was special, and against all odds, but this one will rank right up there as well.

Credit to Lampard for building up the core of this team during a very difficult period for this club. He deserves some praise for helping the club get to this point as well, but this was Tuchel's victory of course.

Guardiola came out with a very interesting plan tonight, and I thought it was the recipe to give Manchester City their first UCL trophy. The way he set up his team with all of his quality players looked frightening at first. Tuchel had a better plan though. It was a tactical clinic and it was a pleasure to watch despite the low scoreline. Tuchel stopped Man City right in their tracks. Defense wins championships, and the counterpress played a quiet role in that, which gave us the 1-0 victory. It should have been 2-0 or 3-0, but it doesn't matter now. We defended with our lives for 30-40 minutes and it reminded me of our battles with Pep's Barcelona. Just a pure masterclass in every facet of the game. It was a 10/10 squad effort.

What about Kai Havertz? He really came through tonight. I had quiet confidence for a long time that he would deliver on this stage, and he did. I had flashbacks to Torres' goal against Barcelona. He may be a Chelsea legend already. The pass from Mount, and the goal that came after was breathtaking. 

N'golo Kante is the best midfielder in the world for my money's worth. Best player in the world as well. Clear Ballon D'or contender right now, especially if France wins the Euros. Rudiger and Azpilicueta put on exceptional perfomances as well. Club legends, all of them.

What a night for our club. We are truly a member of the world's soccer/football elite now.

So many emotions going through my head right now. 

Edited by PraetorianGuard

I didn't want to post this,but I'm chipper after the win.

I have diabetes and kidney cancer please don't feel sorry for me.I am in good shape.

Look after yourselves - and I mean folk who are thinking it will never happen to me.I was a super athlete so take care friends.

Just watched the goal in super slo mo, such a simple goal, but beautifully Executed

For your delectation of course, my seeing of the goal.....

"Mendy clips a lovely pass out to Chilly, immaculate first touch lays it Mase in acres of space, easy first touch,  at this moment Hav is closely watched by Zinchenko as Mase spins with the ball under full control.

At this moment before Mase has decided what to do, Havertz is calling and pointing to be played  in, Werners role is fundamental and cannot be overlooked as he pulls the watching Ruben Dias miles out of place, Mase obviously can see Havertz making his run, and hits a sublime 45 yd pass, now the skill part, Havs checks the speed and trajectory once, then eyes fwd sprints away from Zinchenko.
Now have is checking exactly when to kill the pass, as the ball lands on a inch square for the 'pass of the century', He drops his left shoulder, as the killer 'Butterfly wing flap' touch sends it to the keepers right, a slight fortunate touch by the keeper, who has come haring out of his area, sends it to the hurdling Havs who is clear with the real estate of the empty net beckoning, he steadies himself, and nonchalantly kisses the ball into a waiting goal, madness ensues, after an Edenesque slide to celebrate..

4 hours ago, Phillip said:

I love everyone, including Mod, Loz, Val, Goose, Liam, Bluebeard (wherever he may be), Moi, Ploks, G4, Monkworth, Gol14, Coco, Ballack & Blue, and others who don't post here anymore like Gem and Brian M.

And Davey Baby, think he has hit hard times, hope I am wrong.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

JT posting, Didier posting but no congratulations from frank..not sure what to make of that 

To be fair i think Frank is inbetween a rock and a hard place. If he talks it will seem like he is trying to take the shine from the team, if he doesn't talk it seems like he is salty.. He doesnt have to post on twitter for me to know how he feels. I am sure he is HAPPY. Not sure about that ugly uncle Harry of his

Edited by The Don Antonio

23 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

JT posting, Didier posting but no congratulations from frank..not sure what to make of that 

Maybe he was drunk somewhere,doesn't matter.

We have just won cl, don't think too much just enjoy it. 

Just thinking if we have a procession with a club bus in Fulham perhaps the Girl's team should join us as well due to them being runners up in the same competition.

Give them a feel for what real success feels like, it might rub off.

4 hours ago, Phillip said:

I love everyone, including Mod, Loz, Val, Goose, Liam, Bluebeard (wherever he may be), Moi, Ploks, G4, Monkworth, Gol14, Coco, Ballack & Blue, and others who don't post here anymore like Gem and Brian M.

Feeling is extremely mutual, in avery warm and fuzzy way, well my head feels a bit fuzzy..

25 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I'd imagine there are mixed emotions for Frank. He'll be happy for the club and the players especially, but perhaps not really feeling the need to be gushing on social media. 

He was a huge part of this win. Not just guiding us through the group stages but also assembling this squad and making the call to blood the likes of Mason and Reece and have us sign a new keeper to replace Kepa.

I think some of those calls and the way he approached them likely cost him his job, but in all honesty only dropping Rudiger has looked like a mistake. While there was some initial flirting with Alonso, Tuchel has largely reverted to a similar team. 

That said,  Tuchel's management of us in Europe has been colossal. We've done well against big teams and won games that I didn't think possible. We haven't been lucky either we've been the better team in every tie.

8 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Just thinking if we have a procession with a club bus in Fulham perhaps the Girl's team should join us as well due to them being runners up in the same competition.

Give them a feel for what real success feels like, it might rub off.

They also won the Premier League equivalent so also worth a parade. Not sure there will be a parade though I assume given COVID

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I'd imagine there are mixed emotions for Frank. He'll be happy for the club and the players especially, but perhaps not really feeling the need to be gushing on social media. 

He was a huge part of this win. Not just guiding us through the group stages but also assembling this squad and making the call to blood the likes of Mason and Reece and have us sign a new keeper to replace Kepa.

I think some of those calls and the way he approached them likely cost him his job, but in all honesty only dropping Rudiger has looked like a mistake. While there was some initial flirting with Alonso, Tuchel has largely reverted to a similar team. 

That said,  Tuchel's management of us in Europe has been colossal. We've done well against big teams and won games that I didn't think possible. We haven't been lucky either we've been the better team in every tie.

I think he has a bit of a bad taste the way it was handled that’s what I was wondering is he supporting the team or does he feel the success has shown his limitations as a manager? 

He played his part in getting us qualified then through the groups and as you said he found the players qualities and brought them through, that’s how fans will see it, how he sees it I doubt we will ever know unless he writes a book.

6 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I think he has a bit of a bad taste the way it was handled that’s what I was wondering is he supporting the team or does he feel the success has shown his limitations as a manager? 

He played his part in getting us qualified then through the groups and as you said he found the players qualities and brought them through, that’s how fans will see it, how he sees it I doubt we will ever know unless he writes a book.

I think it certainly showed that this team had more in the tank. What is funny I think is that Tuchel's back 3 has transformed us, but Frank used it regularly last season but didn't want to this year even when we leaked goals.

Tuchel deserves a lot of credit for tightening our defence. Under Frank we were very naive with the ball, as much as it isn't as good to watch, Tuchel has given us confidence again. Werner etc continued to miss easy goals but because we weren't conceding it had less impact.

Both can be proud of the result tonight having played a part. 

6 hours ago, dR3 said:

And how about Reece f**king James? Made a baby out of Sterling haha

sterling has gotten caught up in his own hype.. he needs to get back down.. with his behaviour towards co-players like Azpi and Gomez.. or how he comes across.. Reece had his number all game..