Reece James

PloKoon13

If the first half of the season was about Mount showing the level he’s at, the last few games have been James looking really classy. Gone are the defensive errors and what remains is the brilliant control and touch on the ball and a fine eye for a pass. 

fantastic. 

Looking forward to his meeting with Sterling ahead of the Euro. Absolutely bossed that right side.

Maybe I've missed but I'd pay for images of the whiny sob crying while Reece stands tall in front of him with the trophy and his medal. Though he'd be carded by the ref for the way he complained all throughout the game for his failures to win any kind of duel against Reece. 

On 25/05/2021 at 10:03, axman2526 said:

That would be a shame for him as he offers versatility and has had a good season.

However I would drop him form the starting 11 for Saturday. 

Moron lol. Well I would have been well off the mark on that one, and not for the first or last time either.

Apart from the one mis judged missed header he was flawless, he dealt with Sterling so so well, and I would argue he was our most worked and best defender on the night.

Top display, good on you Reece. Think Tammy wares the haircut better though.

No coincidence his performance went up a level back playing as right wing back rather than the right sided centre back. 

Sterling couldn't live with him and resorted to whinging to ref. 

There's a lot of competition for places for right backs in the England squad but I don't think last night's performance will have done any harm to Reece's chances of going to the Euros. 

26 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

No coincidence his performance went up a level back playing as right wing back rather than the right sided centre back. 

Sterling couldn't live with him and resorted to whinging to ref. 

There's a lot of competition for places for right backs in the England squad but I don't think last night's performance will have done any harm to Reece's chances of going to the Euros. 

I always think he is going to Euros regardless of yesterday, but that performance might just convince Southgate to make him his first choice for that position.

29 minutes ago, STATS said:

I always think he is going to Euros regardless of yesterday, but that performance might just convince Southgate to make him his first choice for that position.

Who does Southgate not pick though? 

Champion of England Walker, champion of Spain Trippier? Champion of Europe Walker. Champion of erm, nothing TAA?

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Champion of England Walker, champion of Spain Trippier? Champion of Europe Walker. Champion of erm, nothing TAA?

Will most likely be between Trippier and TAA. TAA end of season form might just edge him.

2 hours ago, STATS said:

Will most likely be between Trippier and TAA. TAA end of season form might just edge him.

I think trent will miss out, but personally i would drop trippier. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

TAA is better as a RM imo. The guy is not defensively aware enough to be a RB unless you want holes at the back.

I'd like to see Gareth be tactically flexible instead of default 433 or 442. 

I'd drop Trippier. He doesn't add anything else that Walker/James/TAA  can't bring to the table.

On 31/05/2021 at 01:02, Deino said:

TAA is better as a RM imo. The guy is not defensively aware enough to be a RB unless you want holes at the back.

I'd like to see Gareth be tactically flexible instead of default 433 or 442. 

I'd drop Trippier. He doesn't add anything else that Walker/James/TAA  can't bring to the table.

Most liverpool fans believe that TAA is god's gift to football.. and that he is a player and half of what James is.. the surprising part is that they would give up on their country and say they would want GS and by extension england to fail if TAA doesnt go.. very strange behavior.. but suits the dippers!!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jangz said:

Most liverpool fans believe that TAA is god's gift to football.. and that he is a player and half of what James is.. the surprising part is that they would give up on their country and say they would want GS and by extension england to fail if TAA doesnt go.. very strange behavior.. but suits the dippers!!

In my experience Liverpool fans see themselves as Scouse, not English. They don't want their players to be picked for England.

OK, maybe their Norwegian fans feel differently.

Edited by Backbiter

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

In my experience Liverpool fans see themselves as Scouse, not English. They don't want their players to be picked for England.

OK, maybe their Norwegian fans feel differently.

Not all yet certainly some.

• 4 weeks later...