Trevoh Chalobah

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I would reward him with a 1st team spot. He isnt a kid any more. He is time server, 100 professional games under his belt. 

Promting him would show these 18 year olds that are so keen to not stay and go through the loan system, that there is a pathway if your patient and take your chance. 

Kounde will still be at sevilla next summer, we can always go in for him when we have more clarity about what is happening with Rudiger, Christiensen, Azpi, and Thiago Silva, who all have 1 year left on their contracts.

Trusted ahead of Silva and Zouma and repaid that faith with a top quality performance. 

Does make you wonder if there is the need to invest in Kounde who is a younger defender himself and would need to bed in. 

Really given Tuchel something to stew on. 

Guest Sindre
3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Does make you wonder if there is the need to invest in Kounde who is a younger defender himself and would need to bed in. 

Think it would be a good idea considering Silva and Azpi are aging and Rudigers contract situation is still up in the air. Christensen will sign I think, not as convinced Rudiger will.

Fantastic to see Chalobah doing well though. He's earned his place in the squad for the season and I imagine we will see a lot more of him.

Chalobah has been great through pre season and crowned it with todays performance. He could easily had an assist as well, if Werner had tried to shoot, instead of passing it to an imaginary teammate to his left.

There is no need for Kounde now, we just need to get Ruidger and Christensen to sign a new contract.

8 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Remember when Tuchel took over and alot of people said it was over for the academy players at Chelsea.

Not just then, the theory was being banded about at the back end of the season aswell. This narrative that Tuchel was biased against youth never stood up to the slightest bit of scrutiny.

On a related note.

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

While he played well, I still think we need Kounde. Top class talent doesn’t come around often. Sliva Will likely be gone next season plus Dave isn’t too far behind. We have to think 2/3 years ahead. 

A few bad matches and people will be crying out for another defender. Buy him and loan him back to Sevilla for all I care. Maybe we don't need him this moment but the age of those 2 means we can't afford to be short of potential players ready to step in. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

On 14/08/2021 at 12:30, jack_super_class said:

Yes, shouldn't even be a question.

Provided Kounde is as talented as several are saying he Is I agree. It would be different if Silva and Dave were 5 years younger, Rudiger and Christensen had long term deals and TT rated Zouma.

Fact is Silva may leave next summer, certainly would the one after that to finish his career in Brazil. He will also be on a reduced schedule.

Dave will be needed at RWB at times and he too will need games off. 

Rudiger I expect leaves next summer, and I think Christensen does as well.

Zouma will if we find a buyer.

So if Kounde is as good as they say, absolutely we need him AND Trev, certainly for next season as it could be all of Zouma, Christensen, Rudiger and Silva have all gone then.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Provided Kounde is as talented as several are saying he Is I agree. It would be different if Silva and Dave were 5 years younger, Rudiger and Christensen had long term deals and TT rated Zouma.

Fact is Silva may leave next summer, certainly would the one after that to finish his career in Brazil. He will also be on a reduced schedule.

Dave will be needed at RWB at times and he too will need games off. 

Rudiger I expect leaves next summer, and I think Christensen does as well.

Zouma will if we find a buyer.

So if Kounde is as good as they say, absolutely we need him AND Trev, certainly for next season as it could be all of Zouma, Christensen, Rudiger and Silva have all gone then.

When you look at it like that it makes it more annoying Guehi didn't want to wait a year on loan at Palace he would off come back and gotten an opportunity with Rudiger, Silva and Azpi likely to leave.

I dont see Christensen leaving, in an interview he did about his contract he seemed pretty relaxed about it, Rudiger could go though.

I wanted Kounde for a while, i think he is class. If this was an Ake, Sule level type signing i would be more skeptical about buying him but Kounde is too good not to buy. Wait a year is too risky, we might not get top 4, he might change his mind, Barca or Madrid could come in for him, dont take that risk.

Lots of our fans want us to not buy Kounde now because of Chalobah and rather we buy a DM, but that logic makes so little sense to me.