Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre

A bit lost for words to be honest.

The work he's done here so far is almost unbelievable. Six clean sheets in a row now, with Christensen & Silva out.

3-0 on aggregate over Atletico Madrid. No one saw that coming. 

He made look our defenders much much better. I'm not going to lie, I had worries when Zouma as our center in back three but Zouma has put a fantastic performance.

I don't remember us being the more dominant team in big games and under Tuchel it looks like we're there.

Still, I don't expect Tuchel get any trophy this season, but it seems like he has a proper vision with us. There was a reason to put Ziyech tonight, when almost everyone saw too many negativities in his game, today he did good. Good decision by Tuchel. 

I have a feeling we're going to meet PSG, Tuchel's ex.

There was sort of a feeling that TT was a difficult person or so we were led to believe, he is fast becoming one of my favourite managers we have had. 

Not just what he has done but he is a really nice man, always positive, it’s easy to see how the players have such a strong feeling together, it was highlighted by silva mount and Jorgi today, brilliant team spirit.

He is getting the absolute best out of each and every player, even the ones suffering from the transition are starting to come good. 

Really really happy to have him in charge. 

39 minutes ago, The Brit said:

err...anyone starting to wish we'd made the change sooner? Sorry but this coach is in a different league to what was going on before this season. 

M8 I love SFL he’s top 10 player, a legend, I was 😡 when he was P45’d. I’m 57 I first trod on the terraced steps of The Shed End at 13. Tickle is a one in a million imo, we were lucky to have one of our own navigate us into the top 4 last season under challenging circumstances, now we have a manager to pick up on that success and take us to the  level that we the fans and the owner always expect!

Edited by General
Bad grammer 😅

2 minutes ago, General said:

M8 I love SFL he’s top 10 player, a legend, I was 😡 when he was P45’d. I’m 57 I first trod on the terraced steps of The Shed End at 13. Tickle is a one in a million imo, we were lucky to have one of our own navigate us into the top 4 last season under challenging circumstances, now we have a manager to pick up on that success and take us to the  level that we the fans and the owner always expect!

I know what you mean. I argued and backed Lampard for a long time, I still think last season was a very good achievement. But now sentiment has been taken away and Tuchel is impressing with every game, he is highlighting the difference a top coach can make. Once Chelsea could make signings, Lampard didn't seem to know what to do with them or how to handle a bigger squad. The performances of the players are at a different level. I'm sure it will go tits up under Tuchel one day because it always does but from the season in danger of imploding under Lampard, he has made the team a genuinely good one in just two months with hardly any time to work on the training ground. Very impressive.

Who do we want in the quarters then? 

- Assuming that we want to avoid City, Bayern and PSG. 

- Would take Dortmund and Porto. 

- Liverpool do seem abit of a wildcard. 

Very tricky either way - no “easy” draws. 

6 hours ago, SFL82 said:

There was sort of a feeling that TT was a difficult person or so we were led to believe, he is fast becoming one of my favourite managers we have had. 

Not just what he has done but he is a really nice man, always positive, it’s easy to see how the players have such a strong feeling together, it was highlighted by silva mount and Jorgi today, brilliant team spirit.

He is getting the absolute best out of each and every player, even the ones suffering from the transition are starting to come good. 

Really really happy to have him in charge. 

He has a bit of that crazy manic vibe in him just like Pep. He seems very personable, intelligent, approachable person but I can see the volatility in him. His history is full of incidents that have led to bigger incidents. History usually repeats itself.

So far so good. His work so far is excellent. 

I have to remind everyone that we have a really strong squad. Not experienced together but experienced individuals and some of the brightest talents of Europe.

As soon as our attackers start finishing with the level they can we will win games comfortably. The level of finishing from our players is ridiculously bad. They are in perfect positions and it seems everyone fails with their shots.

39 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Who do we want in the quarters then? 

- Assuming that we want to avoid City, Bayern and PSG. 

- Would take Dortmund and Porto. 

- Liverpool do seem abit of a wildcard. 

Very tricky either way - no “easy” draws. 

I would love to get Real. They are very beatable (imo the worst team still in it apart from Dortmund and Porto) and if we manage to get past them, it would be a huge scalp that would boost our self-confidence and reputation.

wow..im pretty sure Chelsea can challenge for the title this year. Such a strong defense. This is no coincidence, at PSG i noticed that Tuchel got the team really focussed and working hard for the big games. Most of the really important matches in CL the last two seasons were won through amazing defending with often no shot on target by the opposition. In Ligue 1, this was hardly the case because the mentality of the PSG squad is quite weak and they don't have a broad squad with many players on the same level. The top players hardly had the fear of being substituted.

Now he has squad with so many players that challenge for the positions and that's what's makes him strong, rotations. Everybody is involved, it doesn't matter who plays. It is the system and the mentality that matters. Haven't seen this since his time at Mainz, where he often changed half of the first eleven even after a win. In my opinion he really enjoys having no superstar in the team like Neymar or Mbappe. No theater, no side stage from football, only professional players who do their job as told.

Actually at BVB and PSG his first seasons were the best, with the nicest football. At PSG it may not seem like it, as they lost against ManU but they dominated the two games massively. Just lost because of the weirdest mistakes. ManU had no chance back then but still came through. After that game, everything changed and it went downhill from there. Really psychological difficult time, squad weren't motivated for ligue 1 at all anymore..before that game they won nearly everything and played amazing football. So maybe it is not so bad he came to Chelsea in the last third of season:).

Actually Tuchel is not really known for his defensive style of football. And I think this is a pragmatic approach by him to get the points and challenge for the title. If he has time to train and can implement different systems, it might get much more offensive. Thats what you got at PSG and BVB most of the time, lots of offensive players and possession football with lots of goals and also conceding more goals. So if you think this is boring to watch i might get different after some time;).

1 hour ago, True Blue23 said:

I would love to get Real. They are very beatable (imo the worst team still in it apart from Dortmund and Porto) and if we manage to get past them, it would be a huge scalp that would boost our self-confidence and reputation.

Madrid double would certainly be one for the history books. However, I’m going to temper my expectations (while allowing myself to hope of course). QF is already a great achievement.

TT has indeed been / is brilliant. And I think we may be approaching that point where the attack starts to take care of itself. Ie a lot more of those chances start going in. Think we’re going to see a goal fest in the near future.

Whether we get that or not, two things have been made absolutely clear:  1) our squad is a lot better than many of us thought; 2) football management at the top level in the “modern era” is an extremely demanding job. I’ve said it many times, and sorry to repeat myself but in case anyone didn’t notice - the odds of succeeding in it are incredibly slim. With that in mind, SFL has nothing to be ashamed of. He’s an excellent football manager in the grander scheme. But excellent isn’t quite enough at the top level. I hope he can take it to that next level wherever he ends up next. 

8 hours ago, The Brit said:

I know what you mean. I argued and backed Lampard for a long time, I still think last season was a very good achievement. But now sentiment has been taken away and Tuchel is impressing with every game, he is highlighting the difference a top coach can make. Once Chelsea could make signings, Lampard didn't seem to know what to do with them or how to handle a bigger squad. The performances of the players are at a different level. I'm sure it will go tits up under Tuchel one day because it always does but from the season in danger of imploding under Lampard, he has made the team a genuinely good one in just two months with hardly any time to work on the training ground. Very impressive.

Lampard laid strong foundations for his successor to build and take the squad to the next level.

Lampard's contribution last season will never be forgotten. He did well in adversity, but I think the club was of the opinion that he reached his limit and couldn't take the squad any further at this stage. I still hold out hope that he'll return further down the track as he accumulates more coaching experience elsewhere.

Tuchel has done a great job in the circumstances. We've conceded very little and remain unbeaten in his tenure. It's early days, but Tuchel and the club look like a good match for one another.

It is nice to be defensively solid again;. It's been a long while since we could go into games pretty sure that the opposition will struggle to score.

If we could combine that with improved attacking fluidity, we could be in for a good few years.

Be interesting to see what we do in the transfer market. But a summer of training to let Tuchel get more of his ideas across should improve us.

Just now, Zeta said:

Be interesting to see what we do in the transfer market. But a summer of training to let Tuchel get more of his ideas across should improve us.

Trouble is you've got the postponed Euro 2020 come the end of the season. We're not likely to have a very long pre season again this year. 

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Thought he got it wrong with the line up and that Zouma would cost us.

Man did we ever play well and prove me wrong. Am really enjoying how good defensively we are. As I said after Leeds that game would be forgive if the focus to Madrid saw us through. It did.

I saw the line up before kick off and was horrified to see that TT had selected Ziyech (again?!) and Zouma - I’m like, wtf is wrong with this bloke? 

Then I find out AC was Tom ‘n dick, which is why KHZ is in and that Ziyech is picked because ??????? f**k knows? 

TT gives his pre match press talk and in summation he said something like;

“ …………yah, you have to believe, there is not time to think, you must just do it “

Well, didn’t we just do it !!

Huge apologies to Kurt, you had a blinder my son and to the other Mr Z, milder congrats, your best game so far imo (still lots to improve on tho!) 

Well done all and especially well done TT.

Edited by Paddy

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/its-fcking-hard-work-but-you-will-be-successful-beck-on/nuqo7xxg9fd61x4faytzewrkk

"I really admire his brain. Thomas was one of the best coaches I had. He teaches players how to play, tactically and technically. Then, there’s his psychological coaching, which is very demanding.  He asks you to give everything.

"Some coaches say: 'Go and enjoy yourself' but Thomas says: 'Enjoy yourself but by giving everything'. This is the mentality needed to make champions and win titles. This was the mentality I took with me when I won my titles in Stuttgart and Besiktas. It is the same mentality as teams like Bayern Munich.

"Yes, you have fun and enjoy it, but Tuchel is about going for it, fighting for it until you are exhausted and asking you to enjoy that process. Thomas even asked that of the kids, and he asked for it every single day: 'Okay, go and do your simple passing exercises but always approach it like it is the last pass of your career.

"I had the feeling that he always focused on the group. You have to respect the group, the team was the main thing and he asked for a lot of discipline.

"Each session was intense. It was f*cking hard work but you had to give it all to be successful.

"It isn’t the easiest approach for a coach to be this demanding and always ask for 100 per cent. Not every player likes it that way. But this is what I remembered about Thomas and what I respected about him."